Thinking about buying a Nexus 7

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Hey all, thread title pretty much explains it all. I was originally going to wait for the new iPod touch, but after holding a Nexus in store today, I'm in love. What do you guys think? Should I or should I not?

Sent from my HTC One X

JustinMueller8810

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Hey all, thread title pretty much explains it all. I was originally going to wait for the new iPod touch, but after holding a Nexus in store today, I'm in love. What do you guys think? Should I or should I not?

Sent from my HTC One X

I have had my Nexus 7 for 2 weeks now and it's damn near perfection.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

veevans01

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Go for it. I've had mine for 2 weeks also. I also have a new iPad. The iPad is cool but you will get bored with it quickly. I haven't even given 2nd thought to the iPad. If you have an android phone you can download your current apps to the Nexus 7 without the need of paying twice. I just downloaded Nova launcher to make my home screen rotate exactly like my iPad does. I will tell you that it is one of the best purchases that I have made.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I have several touches. I never use them due to size and iOS which I despise.

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Awesome, thanks for all the replies! :D One more thing though, while going through these sections I noticed a lot of threads about random freezes, screen lifting, cracking for no reason, etc. Probably a silly thing to ask, but how likely is it that I'll get a crappy unit? I heard the more recently manufactured ones don't have any of the aforementioned issues.

Sent from my HTC One X

Jackie222

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I've had mine for about 2 months now and i haven't had any problems. I absolutely love my Nexus 7.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Awesome, thanks for all the replies! :D One more thing though, while going through these sections I noticed a lot of threads about random freezes, screen lifting, cracking for no reason, etc. Probably a silly thing to ask, but how likely is it that I'll get a crappy unit? I heard the more recently manufactured ones don't have any of the aforementioned issues.

Sent from my HTC One X

yes, recent units has all those issues fixed.

greatgoogly

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
If you have any plans to connect it to a WPA2 Enterprise Wireless network (like at a large company or many Universities) cross the Nexus 7 or any Android Jellybean product off your list of potential purchases. Google has failed miserably to address this issue which has been reported and neglected since early July. Issue 34212 - android - On Jelly Bean, failed to connect to WPA enterprise wireless - Android - An Open Handset Alliance Project - Google Project Hosting

So for this scenario, I'd have to get an iPad?

Sent from my HTC One X

Unicorn Rancher

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Most of these problems seem to be there right away instead of developing over time, so you can buy locally and exchange it if there's any hardware bugs. If you're really paranoid cautious, you can ask them if you can open and inspect it in the store before you buy.

I wasn't happy with the way the Google Play Store handled the pre-orders but I'm very happy with my Nexus 7 itself.

veevans01

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
No problems out of mine either. In fact, I am printing with my Nexus 7 as of today. I couldn't be happier.

veevans01

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to justify the purchase of the Nexus 7. I really don't need it but I really want it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I noticed that you are typing from an iPad. Multi tasking and personalization is much better on my Nexus 7 versus my iPad 3. Not to mention the transportability of the N7. The tegra 3 and jellybean software makes this device work just as good as the iPad. My wife is a big apple fan who now wants my Nexus 7. But she knows that she is not getting it lol...

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm trying to justify the purchase of the Nexus 7. I really don't need it but I really want it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm sorta in the same boat, but since Apple's practices lately have disgusted me, I don't want to give them another penny, despite how much I want to get one. Plus, a tablet would be a good companion to my One X. :D

Sent from my HTC One X

kenyee

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Plus, a tablet would be a good companion to my One X. :D

That's enough justification :)
Games and movies and web browsing are a bit better on a tablet...bigger screens help :)

Sometimes I wish it had the 1440x900 screen of the upcoming B&N Nook but that's my only disappointment after getting a good one (Asus fixed most of the problems already).
Doesn't sound like you're a corporate user, so you probably won't hit greatgoogly's issues (which are a driver bug according to that thread I've been following too).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000