1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

Default Broken Nexus

Hey guys, don't know if this has happened to anyone yet but I was hoping for some advice as to fixing my Nexus. Fell of my lofted bed, and, as a result, it's a lot messed up =( I do have a warranty on it, but according to the verbiage in the warranty, once they issue a replacement there's a deductible involved. Knowing I may break it over the life of the rest of the warranty, I'd like to avoid the deductible if possible. Anyone out there replaced their screen, think this is recoverable for less than the cost of the deductible ($40)?

And any recommendations on some durable, lightweight cases? Thanks all, and sorry for any blurry pictures.

Broken Nexus-2012-10-01_19-36-25_311.jpgBroken Nexus-2012-10-01_19-36-46_837.jpgBroken Nexus-2012-10-01_19-37-19_887.jpgBroken Nexus-2012-10-01_19-38-22_857.jpg

Default Re: Broken Nexus

Looks just like mine except I don't know how mine shattered. I pulled it out of my backpack one day after I got to work and voila! That was a fun day.

I knew I wouldn't have any luck with getting it replaced under warranty, but I called ASUS anyway just to see what they'd say. Long story short, don't bother. A repair will cost you $170.

ROM

I'm so sorry for your loss.

I can't speak for USA, but it's VERY difficult to get any warranty/support on Nexus 7 in Australia.
    Have you got any local mobile phone repair agents, they may be a good bet for you to try.

ROM
    Rooted (always changing)

Pay the $40. Much easier - after all, that's why you bought the insurance, right? Seems like a no-brainer to me.

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts

If it's anything like a phone, opening it up for repair may void the warranty, so I'd eat the $40 for the deductible now and make sure it's done right.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Plus I did some research and buying a new screen would be basically buying a new Nexus. Good enough for me. Talked with warranty people and they said that they'll let me dispose of the product myself though, anyone know the market on a broken Nexus? Can't imagine getting more than 20 for it.

If you hold the bottom and power button. you'll still have a broken nexus. :-/

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Which company did you get the insurance from?

Quote Originally Posted by jocro View Post
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Plus I did some research and buying a new screen would be basically buying a new Nexus. Good enough for me. Talked with warranty people and they said that they'll let me dispose of the product myself though, anyone know the market on a broken Nexus? Can't imagine getting more than 20 for it.

This is an official Powerbookmedic.com take-apart guide for the Nexus 7 Tablet from Google:
    Last edited by Dwiarten; 11-18-2012 at 01:19 PM.

Default Edgemiedajemn dapleerersapy

Hello!
    Cras enim mi vehicula metus tincidunt venenatis. Etiam magna nibh tempor velit iaculis non suscipit eu sem.

Quote Originally Posted by jocro View Post
    sold mine the other day on ebay for $78.. Well for $64, but I made the shipping $13 extra, and kept $8, and shipped it for $5

<--- Screenshot