Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Best Warranty Site

I found about 10 warranty sites, with one not requiring a deductible.

Which one do you use? I think my biggest druther would be to get a new one (not refurbished or 'fixed') no matter if an accident or becomes unworkable with no fault of my own.

If needed, I can add a poll that has the ones I found, if needed, but I figured most have one. And if you do, please let me know why you chose that company.

Thank you,
    Corey

Default Re: Best Warranty Site

Square Trade was great to me when I broke my Transformer screen after I'd only had it about 2 weeks. They couldn't get it fixed in the 7 days they allow themselves so they just sent me a check for the full amount of my purchase. Very, very pleased with them.
    Thanked by:

If I break it I want a new one so I'll skip the insurance

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Samsung Note 2 and Gear 2

Quote Originally Posted by dave1812dave View Post
    If I break it I want a new one so I'll skip the insurance
    Same here. I'm super OCD about my devices and have never broken one. But if I did I rather just go out and buy a brand new one immediately. Not to mention the cost of the Nexus 7 (even the 16GB) IMO isn't worth putting insurance on it. But that's just me. If you're accident prone may be it is wise to get insurance.

The day my ps3 broke I was at best buy picking up a replacement. Lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Samsung Note 2 and Gear 2

Global Posts
    124 Global Posts

I've had good experience with Square Trade. While I would prefer to buy a new device if something happens, I'm not in the financial position to drop $200 on a new N7 if the cat knocks it off the night table, particularly when for $50 I can get two years of protection against my own stupidity.
    Thanked by:

Another one is Worth Ave Group. They seem to have good policy prices and zero deductibles.

Worth Ave Group | Home
    Thanked by:
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Thanks! I had found 2012 Compare Best Electronics Extended Warranty Services as well. Consumer Prioritity Service does not require a deductible but they have the lowest ratings.

I like the fact that they gave you the money for a new one (or will give you a new one), I don't want them to "fix" it. And yes, I am accident prone. Plus we just bouhgt a new Xbox360 and live in a very dry area. We "shocked" one Xbox when we moved here and had to get a new one. So we are looking for that one as well. Thanks for the extra one, oddtay
    Corey
    Thanked by:
    socal 

Global Posts
    379 Global Posts

Which one are you planning to use?

Quote Originally Posted by Corey Bryant View Post
    Thanks! I had found 2012 Compare Best Electronics Extended Warranty Services as well. Consumer Prioritity Service does not require a deductible but they have the lowest ratings.

I like the fact that they gave you the money for a new one (or will give you a new one), I don't want them to "fix" it. And yes, I am accident prone. Plus we just bouhgt a new Xbox360 and live in a very dry area. We "shocked" one Xbox when we moved here and had to get a new one. So we are looking for that one as well. Thanks for the extra one, oddtay

Got My N7 09/19/12 and just purchased a Square Trade Warranty tonight 10/02/12. So 2 years plus Accident coverage for $34.99. I normally never buy extended warranties for electronics, but after reading about all the stories of screens cracking on the N7 if you breath on them and what not, I decided I had better get one. 2 years replacement plus accident coverage for $17.50 per year, not bad at all. I've had warranties before and have never had to use them because I am anal about my gear, but this N7 makes me nervous due to it's extreme fragility, so I decided to error on the side of caution.