Nexus 7 bluetooth pairs but does not connect

paulbasel

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone, new here and couldn't find an answer to this issue by searching the forum but if it has been answered please just point me to the thread.

I have a new Nexus 7 and am attempting to connect via bluetooth with my Asus K55VM laptop running Windows Home Premium. I have successfully paired the two devices, but when I click the paired name "Asus" on the Nexus, it states that it is connecting, then says it is connected, and checking the laptop the "Review remote device information" it shows the Nexus 7. Next to "device type" it states: "handheld" and underneath shows the signal icon with a red "X" through it. When I quickly connect the Asus on the Nexus, the signal icon briefly shows a good signal strength and then quickly the red X shows up, of course indicating that there is no signal.

When I paired them for the first time Windows searched for and successfully updated all of the drivers, or so it said. The bluetooth timeout on the device is set to "never". The battery on the Nexus is fully charged. I rebooted several times after the successful pairing. The two devices are less than one meter apart. When I tried to send two different types of files (jpg and doc) the file transfer seemed to start and then said "Bluetooth file transfer not completed", undoubtedly because the two devices are not actually connected. Don't know what else to test or try.

Any ideas

Paul

ripansays

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Facing problem in Bluetooth connection between my Nexus 7 2013 model with andrion 4.4.2 & laptop Win 7
the devices don't pair themselves. Even though they pair successfully on few occasions, but laptop detects it as: "Windows Peripheral device" & windows update cant find the driver.
Pls help