Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TimeHunter
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Stylus for Nexus 7

Does anyone have any good recommendations for a stylus for a Nexus 7? I will be using it for sketching.
    We scare because we care.

Default Re: Stylus for Nexus 7

I use the Wacom Bamboo stylus. The tips feel better on the glass to me, not as much stickiness, and they are smaller than most, so perhaps a little more precise. The downside is that the tips wear out a little faster, but they are user replaceable, and not ridiculously expensive when you can find them in stock on Amazon or Wacom's sites.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the reply

Is it safe to say a stylus that works for the iPad would also work for the Nexus 7?

+1 on the Wacom Bamboo stylus for my Nexus 7. And yes, it works on my iPad too.

Targus Mobile

Got some of these at target for 10 bucks

If you're pretty serious about using it to sketch, this "PenGo Brush Pen" looks mighty fancy, but $30 is a bit steep for me.

I just have the $9 New Trent stylus, I've been using it for almost a month and it works great for me--compact but not too small, doesn't squeak/drag bc it's microfiber, etc. But my favorite part is that it has a pen on the other side . Cheesy, but I like those little gimmicks. Though, I don't use it for sketching and you might want one specifically made for that task.

I also have the Wacom Bamboo. I particularly like how it's weighted.

Recently bought on Amazon: "Capacitive Stylus Pen for Kindle Fire HD 7", Google Nexus 7, iPad 3... by CCM" $7.95 ($24.95).
    The tip has just the right consistency to glide easily across the surface of my smartphone and tables.
    Stylus for Nexus 7-31izaua53yl._aa300_.jpg
    Last edited by Dwiarten; 10-26-2012 at 02:00 PM.

You can find any number on dx.com [DealExtreme] out of Hong Kong. I like the hexagonal aluminum style. Free shipping takes a couple of weeks generally, but at the prices, you can better afford trying out a couple of kinds.
    I have tried a bunch and find that most, if not all, claims of tip size making any difference to be a load of bunk, but tablet sketching will take a long time to ever beat paper anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwiarten View Post
    Recently bought on Amazon: "Capacitive Stylus Pen for Kindle Fire HD 7", Google Nexus 7, iPad 3... by CCM" $7.95 ($24.95).
    The tip has just the right consistency to glide easily across the surface of my smartphone and tables.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	31iZauA53YL._AA300_.jpg 
Views:	380 
Size:	6.4 KB 
ID:	39732
    http://partyeveningdress.com/i/img16/s.gif
    My wife an I use these on our tablets. Works great.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Thanks for the replies all. You've been very helpful.

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

I draw with a Jot Pro. I also have a Jot Touch it connects with bluetooth. I use a GlydeWrite Cleaning Shield to stop my hand from making contact.

Check out the TruGlide Stylus from LYNKtec | Microfiber Tip Stylus, Cleaning Cloths, and Accessories for iPad, Tablets, Smart Phones, eReaders! After trying a handful of different styluses, I don't plan on needing to look any further. The TruGlide is an awesome stylus. It has a really cool microfiber tip that makes is completely unique from any other stylus on the market!