- 4 Posts
Nexus 7 Stock Email problems
I incorrectly posted this in the Galaxy II forum... sorry.
But I can't even get my stock email app to work. I've tried two different email accounts (my personal emails set up through my Bluehost account) and I've tried regular POP(S) and SMTP(S). I've tried using SSL and correct ports and I even tried IMAP(S). No luck.
The Nexus settings allow me to setup my email account and even confirms that the account is set correctly. It then shows my email as a connected (and synched) account in the settings and even shows the frequency of sync. But there is no app icon in the library. And when I try to add the email widget to a homescreen, it says "That account is not synced yet." This happens even days after the first 'sync'.
Anyone else have this problem?
- 11-02-2012, 01:25 AM #2
- 11-02-2012, 01:32 AM #3
- 11-02-2012, 05:59 AM #4
- 11-02-2012, 03:17 PM #5
- 352 Posts
Re: Nexus 7 Stock Email problems
I use activesync exchange for hotmail and it works perfectly. Maybe see if your provider has options for those settings. I like to have my email pushed out to me and synched with all my devices.
Otherwise you might want to try third party email apps.
The stock app should always be there, its a yellow envelope named email. Are you on stock rom?
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central ForumsRooted Nexus 7 - XenonHD
Rooted Dual Boot HP Touchpad - ICS
Sprint EVO 3D
- 11-03-2012, 06:04 PM #6
- By minorron in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)Replies: 0Last Post: 08-15-2012, 11:07 AM
- By doctorejim in forum Tablet AppsReplies: 0Last Post: 07-28-2012, 04:51 PM
- By g-reno in forum Google / Samsung Galaxy NexusReplies: 7Last Post: 02-22-2012, 06:26 PM
- By morebeer4mee in forum Google / Samsung Galaxy NexusReplies: 1Last Post: 01-22-2012, 07:02 PM
- By rfdesign21 in forum Google / HTC Nexus OneReplies: 0Last Post: 02-26-2011, 10:30 AM