Not connecting to unsecured wifi hotspots?

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
After I reset my device, I noticed it was having major issues connecting to unsecured wifi hotspots (the type where you have to go to a login/accept url before you go online). Has this happened to anyone else? Is this a common issue? If so, would the reason be faulty hardware or faulty software? Or should I just expect that the wifi receiver on an N7 is very much inferior to that of a laptop (though it was working fine before..)?

I headed over to campus the other day, and it took--no joke--about 20 minutes for it to finally connect online, whereas before it would almost instantaneously. Today, I went over to a cafe I usually go to, and I couldn't connect the entire time I was there (about 1.5 hrs). The funny thing is, it was connected but the wifi indicator wasn't blue, it was grey. I was actually able to load the ATT.com website about halfway (took a long time, and then it stopped), but I couldn't connect to anything else.

I checked the link speed, and it randomly cycled through "54 Mpbs", "11 Mpbs", and "36 Mpbs". The people sitting next to me with their laptops had stable wifi the entire time, but I couldn't even connect. I'm afraid if I ship it into ASUS repair (takes a month, plus that repair shop gave me dead pixels on my laptop), they're not going to experience any of my issues because they happen sporadically, and they'll just ship it back unfixed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol