(free) Office App for Nexus 7?

PMaff

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Is there any good and free Office app for the Nexus 7 tablet?
I tried Kingsoft but it did not display a simple *.doc file.
xls file was displayed correctly.

Even the pay programs seem to be buggy when I look at the remarks from users.

chuckr01

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Is there any good and free Office app for the Nexus 7 tablet?
xls file was displayed correctly.

Even the pay programs seem to be buggy when I look at the remarks from users.

I've used Kingsoft Office and others. For a free one Kingsoft seems to be pretty functional. It opens doc files fine for me. They even include one with a write-up about the product. Try some other files before you write it off.

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Kingsoft works fine for me, its your best bet for a free word processor. The paid ones are like $15 with very few extra features. What happened when you tried the doc?

jimbarr

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site

Can you elaborate a bit? You said a "simple *.doc" file. Just what was it? Did it have ANY formatting that might not really be "simple"? KingSoft is noted for being able to typically render .doc files very well, so this seems quite unusual. Have you tried other .doc files?

PMaff

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Can you elaborate a bit? You said a "simple *.doc" file. Just what was it? Did it have ANY formatting that might not really be "simple"? KingSoft is noted for being able to typically render .doc files very well, so this seems quite unusual. Have you tried other .doc files?

Your posting was a hint for me to look at the formatting and in fact it is a rtf file with a wrong
*.doc ending.
Obviously rtf format is not supported and therefore Kingsoft tried to open the wrong doc file.
I tried other doc files and they worked.
Thanks a lot.