And on a positive note...

jimbarr

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Sorry if this deflates the air out of the many negative threads, but I can't resist....

In mid-August, I purchased a Nexus 7 from Google Play (S/N "C70") and it arrived on time and without issue. Since then, I have had zero problems with it--no screen lift, no dropped pixels, no unusual behavior--and I use it regularly (a couple hours per day.) A couple weeks later, I bought a Nexus 7 for my wife at the local Walmart (turns out to be a S/N C60) and again, she has had no issues.

I had a small investment in Android apps from my Droid Bionic, most of those apps carried over to the Nexus 7, and we couldn't be happier. It's proving to be an excellent e-reader, Web browser, news reader, and game player.

It's regrettable that there have been so many posted problems, though it's very common that forums like this end up being places for users seeking solutions for problems (which this forum absolutely does provide!) so the positive side often gets lost.

So I hope there are others here willing to post their successes, good experiences, and non-issues with their Nexus 7--please post it here!

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Man!!! couldn't have said it better!!! Some of the complains you see here are trolls from iFruit who are jealous about nexus 7's success.
Nexus 7 FTW.

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I got a C80 about 4 days ago and I have no issues with it :D

EDIT: Looks like I jinxed it. The left side is lifting a bit, but my nexus works fine. This won't have any negative effects in the long run, will it? :(

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I love my Nexus 7 even though my first two had defects requiring replacements (significant screen lift, and then a blown speaker). My third one is just fine. Despite my own experience and the large number of problems reported on this forum, those of us who have had problems are in the minority.

Indeed, people with problems tend to complain or seek advice, while those with no problems tend smile and stay silent. Doesn't matter if it's a defective Nexus 7, a lemon car, or a bad marriage, people generally vocalize in the same way.

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
^ lol if there were enough positive posts to accurately represent the ratio of non-defective to defective devices, I'm sure this forum would be constantly bombarded with thousands of "yay this works great, just wanted to say that!"

mine works flawlessly about 85% of the time--and when it does work, I'm in love--it's just the perfect size, and I love convenient widgets like Evernote (my homescreen is cluttered with them). LOL one downside is, I think my vision's been getting worse. It's one thing having your face three feet away from a 13" laptop screen, it's another to suddenly spend all your time online with a 7" device a foot away from your eyes ;).

//one slightly bizarre positive thing--before I reset it, I was able to keep apps I requested a refund for. I mean I only tried it once, but that one app was on my device until I reset it.. but now I can't dl for free anymore. I tried doing the same thing with the refund for a different app, but it didn't work lol. wish I didn't reset my device :(

Last edited:

Jussumguy88

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
This tab has yet to fail me. Bring it in to work every day and use it for work and play. I work in sales, so it enables me to look up small information quickly while talking to a customer. Also a great ice beaker and conversation piece. Best part about it.... It fits right into my pocket. :-D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

dparrothead1

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I hope you realize if this had been a thread bashing the N7 or Google, you would have had 72 replies by now.

But, I agree. I have a pre-order C6O with absolutely no problems. I use thing probably 3/4 hours a day. Hardly ever use my PC anymore!

Thank you, ASUS and Google.

hoosiermama2799

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
I've had mine since early August, and it has replaced my Kindle Fire. I bought the Fire for the size, but then the carousel and lack of apps bothered me. I absolutely LOVE my Nexus. I've had no issues with it, and use it daily for reading, surfing, and games and music. I would say it's being used 5-6 hours a day at minimum. I only restart it if Tablet Talk is unable to find my phone, so then I reboot both devices.

jjhoneck

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I bought my Nexus 7 in July. I use it for everything, every day, from onboard navigation in our airplane, to Facebook. It is on 15 hours a day, every day.

My daughter got hers in August after playing with my N7. She uses it at college, every day, and loves it. Now her friends are buying them.

My wife got hers in September. She HATED the iPad, but loves her N7. Go figure.

My sister also got her N7 in September. She raves about it all the time. None of us, by the way, have experiences ANY problems with our Nexus 7s.

It's the best tablet, period.

Sent from my Nexus 7

AstronomerXI

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Despite all the computing devices in our home (including the one I'm writing this on), the N7 gets the most use by me. I use the TomTom navigator for GPS, the Kindle app for ebooks, Tapatalk for forums, and so many other apps. The weight, size, comfort of using it and gorgeous screen make it my go-to computer for most light tasks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Jussumguy88

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Despite all the computing devices in our home (including the one I'm writing this on), the N7 gets the most use by me. I use the TomTom navigator for GPS, the Kindle app for ebooks, Tapatalk for forums, and so many other apps. The weight, size, comfort of using it and gorgeous screen make it my go-to computer for most light tasks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Does the Tom Tom navigator app require a wifi connection like regular Google maps?

balus3u

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I have c60 and don't have any complaint.but my speaker have some distortion at some times and I don't mind it much.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums