Default viewer for Gmail attachments

claaay

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
I chose ES Viewer, I assume it's part of the ES File Explorer I'm presently using. It's now the default viewer for attachments in Gmail, did that by choosing it to view an image attachment, then chose "every time". It doesn't do a very good job, shows me a postage stamp sized image. No options to zoom, fill the screen or change any settings that I can find. Does anyone know a way to change my default viewer? (or perhaps learn how to change the viewing settings on this viewer). Will I have to uninstall ES File Explorer to be able to choose a new default viewer? No options to change viewers in the Gmail app mail settings (unless I'm missing a switch to turn on more options, didn't see anything for that, it's pretty basic stuff only). I already went into Settings/Apps/Gmail/Clear data, that didn't do anything.

Much obliged for any help.

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
You were part way there... Go into settings /apps/es file explorer and clear the app defaults. Then it will ask you next time to choose a default.

PMaff

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings-->Apps-->All Apps [to extreme right]-->Es file explorer-->Click clear default button.

I am using my new Nexus 7 just for 4 days now and it is my first Android device.

Can you post some snapshot how this "Es file explorer" looks like?
I cannot find it in "All Apps".

Reason:
Formerly I had the possibility to choose which app to start when selecting a link to google play in gmail,
one of the browsers, google play app - there was also some button "Always" and "Only once" but
by accident I selected Google Chrome-Always and now I want this selection dialog back,
which means reset the way how Google Play links are handled.

Edit: found solution here:
http://www.transformerforums.com/fo...oid-4-1-1-how-reverse-default-always-app.html