eking3030

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, I still can not get get my starred contacts to ring. Do you think it is because I use a 3rd party contacts app. I do have the contacts I want starred though. My sleep mode works based on time or plug in. I also noticed if I have the ringer volume set to 1 in a different sleep profile it will start out low and then get loud. For some reason Tasker is not controlling the phones functions.
Here ya go, Eking.

• Event = Call, Type = Incoming, Number = C:FAV
  • Enter Task (step 1) = Silent Mode, Mode = Off, If = %SilentNight Is Set
  • Exit Task (step 1) = Wait, MS = 0, Seconds = 0, Minutes = 1, Hours = 0, Days = 0
  • Exit Task (step 2) = Silent Mode, Mode = On, If = %SilentNight Is Set

The phone number C:FAV matches all contacts that are marked as favorites (starred) in your address book.

The wait time in exit task step 1 gives the phone time to ring as well as generate any notification sound if a voicemail or text message follows the call. You can increase it if you like (e.g., if your phone rings longer before going to voicemail).

A separate event turns on/off silent mode based on a calendar item (e.g., from midnight to 6 am), sets %SilentNight to 1 during that time and clears it afterward. The %SilentNight variable is needed by the "ring for VIPs task" to track the original state of Silent Mode, otherwise Tasker won't know if it should re-enable it upon exit.

bitseeker

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Very interesting eking. Many variables to consider. You may want to minimize the number of things controlling your phone in order to make it easier to debug. It could very well be conflicting apps vying for the phone's attention. I've even accidentally had tasks fight over what should happen at a given time or for a given event. So, simplify the situation by disabling the other apps and verify that Tasker, by itself, is doing what you expect.

eking3030

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I deleted the phone dialer/contact app and it works! Thanks for your help bitseeker. Do you know of any contact app that lists company name in the contact title that might play well with tasker.
Very interesting eking. Many variables to consider. You may want to minimize the number of things controlling your phone in order to make it easier to debug. It could very well be conflicting apps vying for the phone's attention. I've even accidentally had tasks fight over what should happen at a given time or for a given event. So, simplify the situation by disabling the other apps and verify that Tasker, by itself, is doing what you expect.

bitseeker

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I deleted the phone dialer/contact app and it works! Thanks for your help bitseeker. Do you know of any contact app that lists company name in the contact title that might play well with tasker.

Yay! Glad that worked. I use the default contact app, so I'm not sure if any others work well with Tasker. If you find a compatible one, let us know in this thread.

Tom Daley

May 6, 2013
Visit site
And how does one use this information? I opened tasker and found that the input was not like you typed. Or im not as smart as one needs to be.

careingemt

May 19, 2014
Visit site
Any one know how to create a WI Fi profile with tasker to turn WI Fi on when I arrive home turn off when I leave home....

I would like wifi to turn on ONLY when I arrive home when I create profile with cell near select home wifi

arrive work wifi connects which it should not..... I selected home wifi not work wifi ... why is it connecting at work

had exit task set up Leave home wifi will disconnect.... Perfect

Arrived work wifi connects no good.... Becoming very frustrated

I thought the point of setting this up with cell near while at home is so I could use it to ONLY connect if I arrive at cell near home

cell

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Maybe set up another profile for work with wifi off.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

careingemt

May 19, 2014
Visit site
With help from you tube..... <br />
<br />
Created a profile to open Apps with auto voice / auto launch<br />
<br />
Works perfectly.... <br />
<br />
Accidently deleted it<br />
<br />
Re created it 5 times can't get it to work like it did the first time when I created it

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

careingemt

May 19, 2014
Visit site
Video

3anu6ehe.jpg

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member