Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By 1812dave
  • 1 Post By Unicorn Rancher
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Should I send the 16GB back?

I am getting the 16GB N7 delivered today. Should I just send it back with all of these rumors that a 32GB model will be released at the same price?

Default Re: Should I send the 16GB back?

If you really need the extra space, then go for it. Don't forget you can always use an OTG cable and mount a usb drive for extra storage if you need it.

Only if you absolutely need the space.

Sent from my HTC One X

Global Posts
    166 Global Posts

If you refuse delivery it will take 1-2 months for a refund. no exageration

I have serious doubts that 1. Google will drop the 8gb and 2. That the price for the 32 GB will be $249.

IMO, Google will offer all three models. Not everyone wants or needs 32gb.
    NookColor running CM10.1
    Galaxy Note running RootBox
    Nexus 7 Running JellyBam v7

I don't see Google selling the Nexus 7 32GB at $300. Most leaked prices had it at about the same as the 16GB and while those POS captured images may not reflect the real price. There is also the guy in Japan that bought a 16GB and got a 32GB instead. That could also be a mistake. But to me it just makes sense that Google would match Amazon in prices with it's 16 and 32GB models.

Depending on who you bought it from and your patience on waiting for the refund, I'd definitely consider getting a refund. Another thing is, depending on how much time you have to return it, perhaps wait as long as you can if the 32GB model becomes available and the 16GB price drops before your return period ends, you might be able to ask the retailer to match the price drop if you want to keep the 16GB model.

Quote Originally Posted by whopua View Post
    I am getting the 16GB N7 delivered today. Should I just send it back with all of these rumors that a 32GB model will be released at the same price?
    Assuming the rumors are true, I'd keep the 16GB version. That is unless you really, really need the extra space and are willing to wait however long it may take to get a 32GB version, not to mention willing to deal with the return process and waiting for a refund.

1. its still rumors. dont know when it will come out or if it will be available in US.
    2. 32 Gb version might cost you extra
    3. return abd refund take about 2-3 months

So i would just use it.

Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    1. its still rumors. dont know when it will come out or if it will be available in US.
    2. 32 Gb version might cost you extra
    3. return abd refund take about 2-3 months

So i would just use it.
    I think we are past the rumor phase. This is now just a poorly kept secret.

What would you need 32 gigs on a Nexus for? You can install quite a bit on 16 gigs now and if you want more games you can install and uninstall them as needed. If you want movies, I'd try out the OTG/USB solution.

I have a 16 gig and have a lot of games/apps and other stuff on it with plenty of space left.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    166 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by petefromphilly View Post
    What would you need 32 gigs on a Nexus for? You can install quite a bit on 16 gigs now and if you want more games you can install and uninstall them as needed. If you want movies, I'd try out the OTG/USB solution.

I have a 16 gig and have a lot of games/apps and other stuff on it with plenty of space left.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    With so many games getting close to 2 gigs, the actual storage space of a 16 only allows for 5-6 large file games. Plus to download 2 gigs isnt always fun to do.

If you have reason to think the 32gb model, then go for it. If you're worried about feeling like "awe, I could've waited a little bit & gotten a better model", then phooey with that - you'll always have that feeling. There's always a better model/device right around the corner.

Just as you find out the 32GB model is "real", there will be a rumor for a 64GB model. THEN, whatchagonnado???
    Samsung Note 2
    MangoPowah likes this.

Global Posts
    524 Global Posts

Please note that when your available space gets around 2GBs left, the N7 often starts acting wonky, won't download other things, etc. This has been a documented issue' on the interwebs with the N7. (Not sure if all N7's have this issue but I've seen video and reports of a bunch of people having this problem.)

I, personally, have experienced this (on TWO UNITS) so basically I have to allot an extra 3GBs of space that can never be used to keep my N7 from freaking out... leaving my total usable storage, out of box- clean, to about 9-10GBs out of the 16GBs!

If you only surf the web and do a little emailing or IMing, that's more than enough space but God forbid you install an HD game, some magazines, books and a few videos?!? You're screwed. So I'd say, look at how you plan on using the device, add an extra few GBs for something unforeseeable and add it up. If its over 10GBs I would highly suggest you either look into OTG and/or cloud storage or wait for the 32GB version.

Personally, I would love to have the 32GB version. I want to store some of my content locally and not have to worry about not being able to install and play a game if its close to a gig in space or more. That's just rubbish.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by dave1812dave View Post
    Just as you find out the 32GB model is "real", there will be a rumor for a 64GB model. THEN, whatchagonnado???
    There won't be a 64GB model. Rumor over. That was easy.

Quote Originally Posted by petefromphilly View Post

Other people's usage and needs probably vary from your own.

^Indeed.

I've been spoiled with 32GB on my past iPod touches, and they were chock full to the brim with shows I never really watched and games that I stopped playing after 1 or 2 plays. Managing well with my AT&T HOX and 16GB N7, even after having everything I want on both. Of course, as you mentioned, this varies from person to person.

Sent from my HTC One X

Quote Originally Posted by whopua View Post
    If you're going to wait, you should wait for the 64GB Nexus 7 instead of settling for the 32GB model.
    jrwatson likes this.

even if it's true, it won't be released for a while. what will you be filling up your device with--that you need practically at all times--that would take 32 GB? if you want to watch movies, it's not that much extra hardware to buy a small OTG cable and a high-capacity flash drive.

also, if you ordered it from the Play store, you're not going to see that $300 for a month.

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

Just got my 16GB N7. Fortunately, didn't get it from the Play store (still hate that name), so getting a refund should be within "normal" time frames. My plan is to wait a week or two to see what comes of the poorly kept secret. Hopefully, there's a bona fide announcment by then. With more information, then decide what to do.