New Nexus not working

jocro

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Hey, I posted in here a little while ago about how I cracked and broke my Nexus seeing if there was a way to go about fixing it without using the warranty. Seeing as there wasn't, I submitted my claim and just today received the card from staples that I could redeem in store for a new Nexus. Bought it (and got a case this time, although I'll probably be buying a better one soon enough), brought it back to campus, tried turning it on. No dice. Ok, so I'll charge it. Leave it on the charger for twenty minutes, come back, turn it on, and I can tell that the screen is on because it's letting out a faint blue light but other than that no startup occurs, no Google screen, no nothing. Tried resetting (hold power for 20-30 seconds) and the screen went off, came back on with the faint blue light, but no startup. Tried entering recovery mode. Nothing. Has anyone encountered anything like this? Is it fixable? Or do I have to return it because they just sold me a bricked Nexus?

anon(645875)

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
If you bought the case at Staples and put your tablet in the wrong way can activate the sleep mode. The placement of the magnets in the case will cause this. Does it do it when it is out of the case?

a1kemist

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
If you bought the case at Staples and put your tablet in the wrong way can activate the sleep mode. The placement of the magnets in the case will cause this. Does it do it when it is out of the case?

This. It can be a real pain sometimes.

If not, I would just take it straight back to Staples and not bother with that unit. Problems out of the box will just mean a headache down the road.