Keep This Nexus 7 For My Kids? Or iPad Mini?

retsaw

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Nexus 10 need I say more
Yes, I think you should. It may be a nice device, but it is also a lot more expensive than the Nexus 7, and less portable, why would it be a better choice for kids?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I think you should. It may be a nice device, but it is also a lot more expensive than the Nexus 7, and less portable, why would it be a better choice for kids?

People were talking about bigger ones for home use

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

retsaw

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
People were talking about bigger ones for home use
Were they? I just scanned the whole thread and didn't see anyone actually suggest a bigger tablet, but maybe I missed it. The thread title clearly defined the discussion as being about the Nexus 7 and the iPad mini, by all means suggest something else if you think the OP is asking the wrong question, but if you do please give some arguments to support your suggestion.

dvdmon

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to mention that the Nabi is going to be $129 at both Best Buy and Walmart for Black Friday. It actually went on sale at Bestbuy.com for that price this morning and sold out, but some people are apparently having luck refreshing the page multiple times and being able to buy it. I tried for the heck of it, and quit after 50 refreshes. :) But anyway, $129 for something pretty close to an N7 is I think a pretty good deal.

nabi - nabi 2 Tablet - 8GB Memory - NABI2NV7A

Knuckle9

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
I don't think you can beat the nexus 7, for the price. I'm sure the iPad mini is a great device but $300+ seems like a lot for a 7 to 8 inch tablet. I love my nexus 7, it's the perfect size and has worked perfectly for me from day one.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums

Meep Tablet

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I just wanted to clear up a potential confusion as it is mentioned above that Meep cannot use the Android Market. Meep has both its own 'Meep Store' as we well as a full interface with GooglePlay (controlled by the parent, not the child). So anything that you can put on an Android phone by way of GooglePlay, can also be installed on the Meep- either through the Meep Together parent portal website, or directly by opening GooglePlay on a computer and choosing the Meep as the device to download to. This is a highly popular feature of the Meep, the ability (for the parent) to put any GooglePlay item onto the Meep.
For parental controls, the Meep is very strong because the controls are all cloud-based. In the portal website (as well on our new smartphone portal apps for both iOS and Android), parents can set a time limit for different types of uses, control which website and videos can be viewed, and allocate 'Meep Coins' for purchases. The Meep truly puts the control in the hands of the parents by way of our portal.
Meep is fully supported on Facebook, just search for Meep Tablet US where you'll find any assistance you might require as well as a community of fellow Meep users to converse with.
Lastly, all new Meeps this spring are running version 2.0 which is our newest and a very stable product. And, our price is recently reduced as well!
-Jill

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I know, I guess I was also looking for advice from anyone who has had the 7 for a while and maybe had kids that have played with it. I've put a few apps on these, but have not sat and really put it through its paces.

This is always a great resource for information, so I guess I was just looking for more of it. I understand the mini is a rumor at this point.

Just looking for more in depth opinions from actual 7 owners I guess.

My kids love the N7 and the Asus EEEpad. Same games can be played on either which helps with jealousy. lol

Kids are adaptable and will probably master Android faster than you will. No reason to shy away from it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2