Not receiving OTA update Nexus 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

jharvey87

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
Is it normal that I have not received my update for 4.1.2 on my Nexus 7. I know it has been posted for download, but I have been reading that everyone else has received the update, yet my tablet is still telling me I'm up-to-date. Is this normal or should I have received it already?

joe.mainusch

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
Unless you're having a serious problem that this update is supposed to fix, then why get upset about a few days of rollout delay? Something like not being able to connect to WPA2 Enterprise could be something to get anxious about, but things like home screen rotation is, to my mind, just not that urgent.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Who's upset? Its just weird that NO ONE has received it. At least not that I've noticed from the comments here. Stop putting words in others mouths

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

KitN

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Unless you're having a serious problem that this update is supposed to fix, then why get upset about a few days of rollout delay? Something like not being able to connect to WPA2 Enterprise could be something to get anxious about, but things like home screen rotation is, to my mind, just not that urgent.

Hi Joe,

I have a 16GB that is being crippled by the slowdown-bug so, yes, for me this IS a huge update that will fix a serious problem with my unit functioning properly, which is why I'm frustrated that days later, still, nothing.

I'm really hoping it will come soon. *fingers crossed*

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

psyke45

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Just got it about 10 minutes ago here... Had been checking every couple hours to no avail and then came back from a client call and a system update message was sitting on the screen.

mmaestro

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Had to clear framework data on two n7s to get updates
Me, too. Just installing now.

For those looking for this update to clear the lag, remember that you need to fill your empty storage and then delete to get it to go away fully. You can do that manually, or use Forever Gone. It's designed for secure erase, but since it fills your storage with junk and then deletes, it achieves the same thing.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Me, too. Just installing now.

For those looking for this update to clear the lag, remember that you need to fill your empty storage and then delete to get it to go away fully. You can do that manually, or use Forever Gone. It's designed for secure erase, but since it fills your storage with junk and then deletes, it achieves the same thing.

I checked reviews but none listed for n7

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

mmaestro

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I checked reviews but none listed for n7
Seems to be running fine on my N7 right now, although it's not finished the process. Whether it actually speeds things up, I won't be able to say: I was still mostly lag free after a factory reset a couple of weeks ago, but I figured I might as well make sure things are working as they should.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood