4.1.2 and flicker

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
For those of you that had a slight screen flicker has 4.1.2 resolved your problem? When I had a low wifi signal on 4.1.1, I definitely had a flicker. I can't tell whether the update has resolved the problem for me yet.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I've only had the update for one evening, but it seems like the screen brightness algorithm is different, and maybe a little less jittery than it was. I never associated the flicker with low WiFi, but in low light the screen would change brightness constantly in small jumpy increments, which I found annoying. It seems like they've set it up now to not try to be so Jack Russel Terrier in keeping up with ambient light levels. (grin)

But that's based on one evening of use, and I wasn't really watching for it, just noticed that the screen seemed to be acting more like a normal auso brightness adjustment should.

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I'm not ready to call it yet, but I put the brightness back down to 10% and I thought I saw a little flickering but I'm going to keep it there and test it for a few more days.

flattie

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
As with other posters, mine still seems to have a small amount of flicker - on both auto and fixed setting. Intuitively, it feels less constant than it did before the update, but that doesn't confirm anything. Will need to keep an eye on it for a few days and see what other people come up with too.