Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By ChromeJob
  • 3 Post By a1kemist
  • 1 Post By efyoiphone
  • 1 Post By mishacatty
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How do I make my wallpaper a whole image?

How do i do it without having to zoom in on it and making it all blurry. i just want a pic as my wallpaper i don't want it cropped or anything
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 01-26-2014 at 09:03 PM.

Default Re: how ao i make my wallpaper a whole image

I actually just learned this earlier today, as I too, was sick of getting crappy images set as my wallpaper.

There's a app called wallpapyrus that a few recommended. It seems to be gone from the google play store, but you can find the apk pretty easily.

What I ended up doing what using this format in my browser to where the backgrounds are stored. Then you can long press them and set them as wallpaper. Works great.

file:///sdcard/Backgrounds/wallpaper1.png (or whatever your file name is called)

Background apps or you can do it the traditional way and photo edit the size of the image. I haven't used a background app in ages, so I don't have a recommendation. I normally just use photoshop if I want to change something.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzyyxo View Post
    How do i do it without having to zoom in on it and making it all blurry. i just want a pic as my wallpaper i don't want it cropped or anything
    Scale your image to 1600x1280.

QuickPic is my preferred app for assigning wallpaper.
    Sent by accident, not using the Android Central app
    Nexus 4 (Mako), Amaze 4G on T-Mobile. Nexus 7 16GB. Google Chromebook (2012 Samsung 16gb). Next stop, a Google flush toilet.
    Did I solve your problem? Hit the Thanks button. Was I just a nuisance? Sorry, can't bat .400 every day.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

i downloaded quickpic but it stillnwont let me just have my own whole image as a wallpaper, instill need to crop it, Please there must be an easier wayto do this as it is something so simple

i downloaded quickpic but it stillnwont let me just have my own whole image as a wallpaper, instill need to crop it, Please there must be an easier wayto do this as it is something so simple
    You're not doing something right then. Read the Nexus7 guidebook, or tell us exactly the steps you're taking and the results you're seeing.

Did you try to EDIT the image in Quickpic to shrink it?
    :rolleyes:
    Nexus 4 (Mako), Amaze 4G on T-Mobile. Nexus 7 16GB. Google Chromebook (2012 Samsung 16gb). Next stop, a Google flush toilet.
    Did I solve your problem? Hit the Thanks button. Was I just a nuisance? Sorry, can't bat .400 every day.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by ChromeJob View Post
    You're not doing something right then. Read the Nexus7 guidebook, or tell us exactly the steps you're taking and the results you're seeing.

Did you try to EDIT the image in Quickpic to shrink it?
    :rolleyes:
    yeah i tried to shrink it but it just went all cropped
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

can someone o me a step to step guide plz on how to do it ill o anythng plz im sick of having blur on my screen

can someone o me a step to step guide plz on how to do it ill o anythng plz im sick of having blur on my screen
    Google it. There are plenty of pages telling you how to resize images. Quikpic does resize images -- (edit) cropping is usually indicated by a right-angle tool, and resize by concentric squares or something.
    Last edited by ChromeJob; 01-26-2014 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Penitence. I was too harsh. Shame on me.
    a1kemist likes this.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

ive read the guidebook n theres nothing its just ALL ABOUT GOOGLE SPEAK AND GOOGLE PLAY AND GOOGLE THIS. nothing about some thing so simple like having a normal puc as my wallpaper without having it all blurred abd cropped. is it really that much to ask for

I can relate with you, I have the same problem, why such an easy task like adding a wallpaper from a picture can be such an difficult thing? On my Ipad all I have to do is select the picture and it does everything, like magic (lol)

Blurred and cropped means that your image is too small. The image needs to be native size or larger. If it is larger, it will crop down but if the image is too small, it will stretch it out to fit the screen and cause blur.

Find another source.

You can easily re-size down but to make an image larger, it will just distort, and not just talking about on android. This is a general rule.
    Rooted Nexus 7 - XenonHD
    Rooted Dual Boot HP Touchpad - ICS
    Sprint EVO 3D

You can find wallpapyrus on the chrome store on your computer and send it to your phone

I use Image 2 Wallpaper. Find it in the play store at the link below...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...kama.wallpaper

Sent from my Cyano-Mod'd Nex7 using Tapatalk HD
    Thanked by:
    Live2ride883 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by a1kemist View Post
    Blurred and cropped means that your image is too small. The image needs to be native size or larger. If it is larger, it will crop down but if the image is too small, it will stretch it out to fit the screen and cause blur.

Find another source.

You can easily re-size down but to make an image larger, it will just distort, and not just talking about on android. This is a general rule.
    This. Simple resolution fundamentals

Download this - 5z6moEd6.1.4.zip (3,08 MB) - uploaded.net
    Works very easy!!!

I have a 7" Galaxy Tab 3 and had the same problem. I found that because of the "crop" issue that the tablet makes you do... you have to size the image to a square... I use 1600 x 1600 ... you could try smaller too, depending on the original size. Works like a dream. Even fits in the portrait upright position. Finally!!!
    ChromeJob likes this.

Every app allows you size the area of the image you want to use for your wallpaper, usually displayed as a square with little cube "handles" on each side of the square. Tap and drag on the square to move it around, then tap and drag a handle to increase or decrease the area of the image you want to use.

Variation: QuickPic uses handles on the CORNERS of the area selection square.

Again, this works best if the image is bigger than the width and height of the desktop, including all scrolling home screens. On my Nexus 7 '12, I use images 1600x1200 or larger.

So, I know this post is suuuuper old, but I found an app that works! Try "Image 2 Wallpaper" in the Google Play store. (This worked on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3)

Quote Originally Posted by katiejo33 View Post
    So, I know this post is suuuuper old, but I found an app that works! Try "Image 2 Wallpaper" in the Google Play store. (This worked on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3)
    Post #14

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Default Re: How do I make my wallpaper a whole image?

Just to chime in... it's not as simple as 'resolution fundamentals', I've tried to crop a piece of 2560 x 1600 wallpaper and it still is blurry as hell and looks like crap. Why doesn't it just resize the image and make it look as good as it does on my browser? It looks gorgeous, it forces me to crop a piece of it and I can't even get that little piece to look good. Good grief.

I feel for the OP, I shouldn't need an app to do this. It's obnoxious.

From 'Gallery' click 'set-as' then select 'Homescreen' and not 'Wallpapers' .The crop function at that point worked for me to set a 'portrait' type wallpaper without the distortion. I believe the distortion is caused by the UI setting the 'picture' as landscape and not portrait, thus distorting the image. I cropped and shifted from Photos and Gallery multiple times till reading this and fumbling around.

*** Dude the easiest solution is install a 3rd party launcher and set the wallpaper Or use Opera mini!!!

Download the pic of ur desire through opera mini
    2.Go to download list of Opera mini and open the file
    3. Open using the stock android Gallery
    4. Then just set the wallpaper using Gallery
    5. you will see an edit page before setting the wallpaper, jst crop it to your desire... no quality of the pic will be lost