Pinball Games For Nexus 7

lewie61

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I grew up on the mean streets of Brooklyn (well, not so mean really) in the 60s and played a lot of pinball games, well before the high tech mega games came rolling along. I've always had Visual Pinball with a gazillion tables on my PC and laptop and now have discovered some superb games for the Nexus 7. Most know about the Tegra 3 optimized Zen Pinball. It's included table is a graphic feast and silky smooth on the 7. I purchased several other tables for it, some with Marvel Comic themes, and they all play superbly with multiple camera views and lots of animated toys on the table. I highly recommend this package. Next up is War Pinball, more of a top down game with 3 war movie based tables. It features scrolling and flying cameras and hi res graphics with a nice assortment of uncensored sound clips. It's modestly priced and worth it, Finally, there's the pick of the litter, Pinball Arcade, put out by Farsight Studios, a company that has gotten licenses for and lovingly reproduced, for multiple gaming platforms, some of the greatest Williams, Bally, Gottlieb and Stern tables ever made . The game shell is free but the tables, either in packages or individually must be purchased if you want play for more than one high score. The costs vary per pack and per table but, if you love pinball, especially the tables that were in the arcades in the 70s and 80s, they are definitely worth a look. The graphics are gorgeous, audio is solid and game play is smooth. The tables are just smaller versions of the ones that Farsight has done for the various game boxes. I have the game and 11 tables and the whole package takes up 189 megs of storage. Zen Pinball with 9 tables with takes up 250 megs. War Pinball takes a paltry (by comparison) 58 megs, So, for less than half a gig, I have about as good a portable pinball arcade as I could want.

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Agreed. Pinball Arcade is where it's at (Black Knight!!!). It's very cool (for me) to play machines that I actually played back in the early 80s.

lewie61

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I may have spoken too soon about the smoothness. On both Pinball Arcade and Zen Pinball, especially on the larger overhead view, I am seeing a small degree of ball stutter. The fact that this is happening with a Tegra 3 Quad Core processor is a bit disappointing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae