Samsung Keyboard

Mechinikel

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
I had a Samsung Tab 2 7.0 for a week before selling it for the Nexus 7. The ONLY thing that I liked better about the Tab 2 was the keyboard. Specifically, I liked the fact that the numbers are listed across the top and don't require you to go to another screen to use them. This is very important to me.

Is there any way to get the Samsung keyboard on the N7? If so, how would I go about doing it? Thanks.

a1kemist

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
If it has BT, you can try. I paired my HP touchpad BT keyboard to my N7 with no problems. If you have to use a port, then I don't know. Guess you could always try plugging it in and see what happens? :confused:

a1kemist

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I use SlideIT keyboard. A type of "swype" keyboard. It's a love/hate relationship.

You can try to get the keyboard files from someone or a zip source, such as an update, but can't guarantee it will work or even brick your device. I've seen a custom rom that is based off of samsung over at Xda for the N7.

balus3u

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Try the Swype keyboard , you can get it from their website or try hackers keyboard if you are rooted or I try a.I type keyboard and swiftkey 3(I prefer the phone version until a major update).try all those free versions for a day or two and make your decision

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Mechinikel

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, thanks for the advice!

My N7 isn't rooted, I don't want to do anything that is going to "brick" it, I don't like Swype, and I need the number bar to be available even when in portrait mode.

I would just like the basic keyboard with the numbers across the top, just like the Samsung has.

FWIW, the reason I want this is because I want to be able to use the N7 for doing estimates at work in which I need to copy down a lot of notes that have letters and numbers mixed. Having the number bar across the top makes a LOT of difference in this situation.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, thanks for the advice!

My N7 isn't rooted, I don't want to do anything that is going to "brick" it, I don't like Swype, and I need the number bar to be available even when in portrait mode.

I would just like the basic keyboard with the numbers across the top, just like the Samsung has.

FWIW, the reason I want this is because I want to be able to use the N7 for doing estimates at work in which I need to copy down a lot of notes that have letters and numbers mixed. Having the number bar across the top makes a LOT of difference in this situation.

Definitely try Thumb keyboard. It is the best imo. I haven't tried the hacker one but everything else. I think Thumb even has a simulated Samsung theme in it. SwiftKey all the way on a phone though.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

a1kemist

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't use many different keyboards but the other is to look through the play store. Some of them have quite a bit off options and perhaps has a force number row. I remember something in the past (not Samsung) but I can't remember what, been that long. sorry :(

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Thumb Keyboard has several layouts where the numbers are visible all the time. Not across the top, generally, but generally as a numeric-style keypad in the middle.

Not a bad deal for $2.59.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Thumb keyboard also allows you to set up custom keys along the top so you can bind any keys you like. I use arrow keys and numbers. Trust me it's the one you want.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

balus3u

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
It is available in the 4.1.2.
Use titanium backup to unfreeze or defrost it.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1350411292367.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1350411292367.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 10

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Here's my setup on thumb keyboard with 2 themes. There are 29 different themes.uploadfromtaptalk1350446784693.jpg

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
And this one with darker theme.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1350446843985.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1350446843985.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 6

Trending Posts

Forum statistics