Visit site
Am I the only one hates how the search bar and app row at the bottom looks :/

Its hideous man they should have made it horizontal instead of vertical man

Let me know how you feel guys

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

rmeigs

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Ascetics are worth mentioning when discussing the overall draw of any devise. As for those items you mentioned, I have no issue with them. They don't distract from the appeal of the N7.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
First, I'm running Apex, because I wanted a rotating home screen before Google thought it was cool, and I'm not about to set my home screen up all over again just to go with the stock launcher.

Second, I run the homescreen just long enough to find and launch an app, then it's all "squeeeee!!!! I can't believe this much power in a tablet was $250" all over again.

a1kemist

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
1. You can remove the search bar
2. Look for a custom rom

Must just be you, everything looks fine to me.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

anon(680971)

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Personally I loaded Nova Launcher to help correct a lot of issues I have with Ice Cream Sandwich on my Epic 4g Touch and then had on my Nexus 7. The thing is as someone noted, you can make the search bar go away and put just a widget on a secondary screen which is what I do because I have a screen for tools, bookmarks, and evernote stuff.

Since 4.1.2 I went from Nova to stock because one of my major issues with stock was the lack of rotation and if I was going to load an app to correct it, then I was loading a new launcher. Thing is I really care less about all the customization since I put most of the stuff on separate screens to what their use is. I find as with Android devices as a whole, the customization is sufficient for those who want to be able to file and use routinely and 3rd part launchers are for those of heavy customization that want it just right to them.

captain_dl

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I don't mind the placement of the search bar and home row when the tablet is landscape. My wish would be that the icons in both the search bar and home row would animate and rotate rather than just snapping into place.

F0REVERY0UNG-

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
I didn't even realize anything was different , honestly I still can't see anything different.
Maybe I'm doing it wrong.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
No one can make everyone happy. if google made it horizontal there will be hundred making thread about how horizontal is bad would like vertical.

svfd757

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
In my experience, limited as it may be, I didn't like Nova launcher. It was laggier than stock. And lets be honest, the war against lag is why god made Android 4.1, right?

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
In my experience, limited as it may be, I didn't like Nova launcher. It was laggier than stock. And lets be honest, the war against lag is why god made Android 4.1, right?

Didn't lag for me at all. And..... For someone who dislikes the landscape appearance, or it's a viable alternative.