Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Look of Nexus 7 on 4.1.2

Am I the only one hates how the search bar and app row at the bottom looks :/

Its hideous man they should have made it horizontal instead of vertical man

Let me know how you feel guys

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts

Default Re: Look of Nexus 7 on 4.1.2

Ascetics are worth mentioning when discussing the overall draw of any devise. As for those items you mentioned, I have no issue with them. They don't distract from the appeal of the N7.

I couldn't care less

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Verizon Note 2 on 4.4.2 and Gear 2

ROM
    Stock

First, I'm running Apex, because I wanted a rotating home screen before Google thought it was cool, and I'm not about to set my home screen up all over again just to go with the stock launcher.

Second, I run the homescreen just long enough to find and launch an app, then it's all "squeeeee!!!! I can't believe this much power in a tablet was $250" all over again.

1. You can remove the search bar
    2. Look for a custom rom

Must just be you, everything looks fine to me.

Rooted Nexus 7 - XenonHD
    Rooted Dual Boot HP Touchpad - ICS
    Sprint EVO 3D

Personally I loaded Nova Launcher to help correct a lot of issues I have with Ice Cream Sandwich on my Epic 4g Touch and then had on my Nexus 7. The thing is as someone noted, you can make the search bar go away and put just a widget on a secondary screen which is what I do because I have a screen for tools, bookmarks, and evernote stuff.

Since 4.1.2 I went from Nova to stock because one of my major issues with stock was the lack of rotation and if I was going to load an app to correct it, then I was loading a new launcher. Thing is I really care less about all the customization since I put most of the stuff on separate screens to what their use is. I find as with Android devices as a whole, the customization is sufficient for those who want to be able to file and use routinely and 3rd part launchers are for those of heavy customization that want it just right to them.
    Nexus Ninja

Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I don't mind the placement of the search bar and home row when the tablet is landscape. My wish would be that the icons in both the search bar and home row would animate and rotate rather than just snapping into place.
    Palm Treo 700w ~> Palm Treo 700wx ~> Blackberry Storm 9530 ~> Motorola Droid X ~> Samsung Galaxy Nexus ~> HTC Evo 4G LTE ~> Samsung Galaxy S3

I didn't even realize anything was different , honestly I still can't see anything different.
    Maybe I'm doing it wrong.

No one can make everyone happy. if google made it horizontal there will be hundred making thread about how horizontal is bad would like vertical.

Nova Launcher let's you hide stuff all kinds of ways. Android stock is just the baseline.
    [SIZE="1"]Nexus 4 (Mako), Amaze 4G on T-Mobile. Nexus 7 16GB. Google Chromebook (2012 Samsung 16gb).

Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cm 10/Franco

In my experience, limited as it may be, I didn't like Nova launcher. It was laggier than stock. And lets be honest, the war against lag is why god made Android 4.1, right?
    BB World Edition->Moto Droid->BB Tour->Moto RAZR->Samsung Galaxy Nexus->Google Nexus 7->iPhone 5
    Always remember to wipe your Davlik!!!

Quote Originally Posted by svfd757 View Post
    In my experience, limited as it may be, I didn't like Nova launcher. It was laggier than stock. And lets be honest, the war against lag is why god made Android 4.1, right?
    Didn't lag for me at all. And..... For someone who dislikes the landscape appearance, or it's a viable alternative.
    [SIZE="1"]Nexus 4 (Mako), Amaze 4G on T-Mobile. Nexus 7 16GB. Google Chromebook (2012 Samsung 16gb).