Have you received the new play store update?

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
So an article was written almost a week ago and the play store update rolling out. I have yet to see mine change.

I'm not looking for an apk of the update or anything, just curious to see if other N7 owners have received the v3.9 play store update. I'm eager to delete a bunch of old clutter in my apps list, I just want to get the update before I forget all about it.

scooter7

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I was impatient, so I just sideloaded the apk on my Nexus 7 and EVO 3D. I have sideloaded several Play Store / Market updates and can't remember the last time I actually got an update automatically.

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I got the N7 update yesterday (Tuesday) at about 4PM. It installed in about 7 minutes including the reboot. I see a few changes going from portrait to landscape mode that works better than the App I was using to do that. BTW, I deleted that App before I installed the N7 update.

I read here some people that said it bricked there N7 but it updated my N7 with no issues. If you have issues then hold the power button for over 10 seconds that happened to me about a month ago after I delete some large Apps that I wasn't using.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I got the N7 update yesterday (Tuesday) at about 4PM. It installed in about 7 minutes including the reboot.

While I'm happy your OS upgrade went well, the original poster is referring to the recent update to the Play Store (formerly known as Google Marketplace, commonly known as the Android App Store).

henywatty

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
So an article was written almost a week ago and the play store update rolling out. I have yet to see mine change.

I'm not looking for an apk of the update or anything, just curious to see if other N7 owners have received the v3.9 play store update. I'm eager to delete a bunch of old clutter in my apps list, I just want to get the update before I forget all about it.

I still haven't received the 3.9.16 update. I'm not interested in downloading the apk though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 running Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2

a1kemist

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
No, I got tired of waiting after quite a few days so I sideloaded. My Evo 3D is still waiting :-/

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Just checked this evening and 3.9.16 is installed. I never saw any notification saying it was coming; I just checked the version this evening and it has updated.

Has not installed on my gingerbread-based HTC Thunderbolt yet.

aponteg22

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I received 3.9.16 last weekend, but I had a bit of a problem with installing updates and apps. Had to perform a factory reset and have been on 3.8.17 since with no update.

BaMaDuDe87

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
In for any kind of answer to this. Has anyone forced it like the OS update?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

ZachA

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Don't have it on my Nexus 7 yet but I do have it on my Incredible 2.

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using Android Central Forums

ju12zo

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Before reading this post, I as on 3.8.something. Then I cleared the Play store cache/Data, opened it and boom. Just like every other store update I've forced.

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Updated to 3.9.16 sometime during the past hour! Wish lists and deleting from the "All" list the garbage apps I no longer have on my N7! Hooray!! :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci