$99 Single Core Nexus

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Nope. Looked it up. The company I was thinking of it called "Coby". I had it phonetically correct, but otherwise horribly wrong. :-[

The Coby Kyros was one of the earlier el-cheapo Android tablets. I very nearly bought one a year or so ago, then decided I wanted to hold out for something better.

a1kemist

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Can't seem to quote, as there seems to be a problem with android central, however in the article I posted, as yes, it may still be speculation, but the estimated pricing of the build shows that it maybe possible to have a 7" and still market it for $99. Things can get technical as the writer doesn't cite the source of the cost of components or where it was gathered, but I wouldn't dismiss the idea quickly.

I do however agree, until we hear from Google, we'll all never know. They are probably giggling over some of the theories out there.

I personally don't have interest in purchasing this tablet, whether it's 5" or 7" but I just don't want Google to be shooting themselves in the foot here. Apple still holds a death cold grip over marketing. Many of the masses will still buy anything with the Apple name on it, even if it's a piece of literal turd wrapped up in a fancy box.

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Nope. Looked it up. The company I was thinking of it called "Coby". I had it phonetically correct, but otherwise horribly wrong. :-[

The Coby Kyros was one of the earlier el-cheapo Android tablets. I very nearly bought one a year or so ago, then decided I wanted to hold out for something better.

Oh yeah, coby's even lower down the food chain than kobo!

svfd757

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
I think this falls under the category of "why bother." The current Nexus 7 kicks some serious butt, why would they offer a product of less caliber just to say, "hey, it's only a hundred bucks." Unless they are releasing something to compete with the ipod touch, why bother.....

svfd757

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
If they release this version of the 7, my 9 year old daughter will have one. I was planning on getting her an 8 gig 7 for Christmas, but if I can go cheap, I will lol

svfd757

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
If it's with contract, she will get the 8 gig current version. I am not adding a tablet to my cell phone account.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch