Canadian retailer site lists 32GB model; switch from TF201?

TekNinja81

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Hey folks,

So just by chance, while searching from my phone for stock of the 16GB Nexus 7 in my local Canadian FutureShop and BestBuy stores (which in Toronto area all have none BTW...) I came across a listing of a 32GB Nexus 7, priced at "$259" (note no typical ".99" at the end) on BestBuy's mobile site. Clicking the link brings up a photo gallery but no written details etc, so far. The 16GB model on the Mobile site is also listed as being on "final clearance" and hasn't generally been in stock anywhere locally for several weeks.

Looking for these on the full desktop version of the site does not produce the same results, so it's possible it's just a glitch with their Mobile site -- but as we've all been hearing rumours of an impending 32GB model release, and with Staples in the USA having had a similar "leak", it seems likely that we will indeed be getting a 32GB version sooner rather than later.

I currently have a Transformer Prime (TF201) 32GB, and though I mostly love the device, have been rather infatuated with the Nexus 7 since its release and especially since recently buying one for my girlfriend. The smaller & lighter form factor seems much more comfortable to hold for extended periods, and easier to type on with regards to the on-screen keyboard. I do have the TF201 keyboard dock, but I rarely use it as I mostly prefer using the tablet on its own. Despite sacrificing the MicroSD/SD/USB connectivity and physical keyboard, have many of you switched from the Transformer pads to the Nexus 7, and if so, do you regret doing so in any way? I'm debating between just keeping the Prime, selling it for the Nexus 7, or actually keeping *both* as they would both serve purposes for me. I suspect the Nexus would benefit my needs at work, for example, while the Prime is simply too large to carry around with me there.

Eduardo06sp

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
You should get it. I'm half frustrated that I paid $250 when I could've gotten twice the memory for the same price. I'd rather have $50 extra storage upgrade than $25 of free apps. You should wait, if the pricing is higher than the 16GB, then just pay the difference.

NickFromHouston

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
You already have a tablet and there's just too much information out there that a 32GB model is impending, so IMO just wait it out a little longer. An announcement on Oct 29 by Google is only a dozen days away, and when it happens, you can see how the landscape has changed. IMO, today is _not_ the time to buy a Nexus 7.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
You should get it. I'm half frustrated that I paid $250 when I could've gotten twice the memory for the same price. I'd rather have $50 extra storage upgrade than $25 of free apps. You should wait, if the pricing is higher than the 16GB, then just pay the difference.
just to make u feel better that $25 apps/Music etc stays with your as long as you want but that extra memory would only be with you as long as the device is in working condition(may be 2 years).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance