Google Calendar update claims it holds a year of info now, but it doesn't [FIXED]

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
WTH?? I updated google calendar today from the Play Store which claims it now holds a year of info. It DOESN'T. I've cleared data, resynced, no joy. Anyone else?

TIP: I found the fix. I had to clear Calendar Storage instead of just clearing the Calendar data. It now goes back to Oct 19, 2011. YAY!

the update isn't compatible with Gingerbead, apparently, so no joy for my Bionic.

Last edited:

fixingahole2

May 11, 2013
Visit site
my incredible 2 is not compatible with the latest google calendar.

Really want to sync past events, here's a thread I started @ Howard forums:

I researched some solutions (one of which was to manipulate all the phone to think that we are a year back, and by that, syncing another year).
This seems like a stupid solution to me, must be a smarter solution.

Another route I went to, was to sync the calendar via the exchange account.
This makes a lot of sense, as this is what your would do with your iPhone (I used to do with my Ipod touch), and synced all past events.

I can't believe that iPod to google is easier sync than google (android) to google.

So far, I wasn't able to sync the accounts via exchange, I keep getting an error message:
"Failed to create an account. Please try again later".
(even when I unchecked sync calendar, sync gmail, and sync people, like some suggested).

Questions:
<b>1. Anyone had any luck syncing google on the android phone, via the exchange account, and if so, did this solve the past event syncing?
2. In the set up, what do you write in the "domain" section?</b>