1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Songs chosen to play offline do not stay on tablet.

I've had my nexus 7 since it was first sold. Overall it's been great but the only glitch i've found and have not been able to find a solution for is that in my "play music" app. The songs that i've downloaded and chosen to keep on device to listen while not on wifi do not stay on the device. For example, if i'm somewhere and have no wifi and many times i go to the app and says "no songs kept on device". As soon as i get on a wifi spot, the songs start downloading all over again. I've waited a long time and made sure all the songs were offline (100%) but it's still happening. Anybody with the same issue and any solution to this problem?. I've reset my tablet to factory settings but the same thing happens. Thanks in advance for any suggestions/solutions.

Default Re: Songs chosen to play offline do not stay on tablet.

how are you making your songs offline?? I think u might be doing it wrong.

open music app-->menu-->Choose on device Music-->[Then a circle with pin icon comes up on all albums]-->click on the circle pin and it will turn itself blue and will start downloading all the songs. download status will be on your notification.

choose all the album that need a download.

I just bought an album from the play store today. I'm having the same problem, although I can't download it onto my phone either. Maybe there was an update that stopped it? Or maybe I'm just ed....I've put other albums on my devices but now I can't seem to download any.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Done that..I did this..
    Opened app....press the Menu...choose "choose on device music"...and made the pin blue...all songs started to download....to 100%....and the songs stay......but if i go out on the road, and lets say restart the tablet, open the app again, the songs no longer show available to play offline.
    * Gaigin82- make sure that you have the "on device only" unchecked after you buy songs...once you see them, you can choose them to listen offline....hopefully you wont have the same issue i have.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Done that..I did this..
    Opened app....press the Menu...choose "choose on device music"...and made the pin blue...all songs started to download....to 100%....and the songs stay......but if i go out on the road, and lets say restart the tablet, open the app again, the songs no longer show available to play offline.
    * Gaigin82- make sure that you have the "on device only" unchecked after you buy songs...once you see them, you can choose them to listen offline....hopefully you wont have the same issue i have.

clear google music cache and data and resync again. This should fix it.

Apparently I'm just impatient. I checked keep it on device and when it didn't start downloading immediately I unchecked it.... couldn't wait 5 seconds.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

That's one of the 1st things i was told by google. I cleared the cache, the data, and even uninstalled updates to the app with no success...after all that i reset nexus 7 to factory settings and today once again the same thing happened...not sure if it's a defective tablet because i dont have that issue with my android phone.