Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Corporate email (Exchange) not syncing after 4.1.2 update

Hello All
    I got it done....in my case it was a server setting to be done by the exchange admin..there is a inherit permission to set on active directory...it may take 30 mnts (or as per ur server settings) to replicate the setting and then it will work...

Angry Re: Corporate email (Exchange) not syncing after 4.1.2 update

Quote Originally Posted by David Cox2 View Post
    started having this problem as of 5-31-13. Inbox is the only folder that won't sync.
    Yes, Same issue. Mails stopped after 31-May-2013. I thought it was my mailbox size issue (5GB) and cleaned up / archive etc. Sent a few test mails. It worked. Subsequently, not syncing.

Same issue here - we have 10 x Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1's trying to sync to Exchange 2003 and all devices are intermittently having the same problem. We have found clearing the cache in the application, or deleting re-adding the mailbox is the only cure. Very frustrating for users! All devices are on 4.1.2. All iPhones/iPads/other android devices aren't experiencing any issues.

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

thanks for the info! I was at the edge of doing a factory reset.

I'm using Samsung Tab 2.0 - Got the same problem after upgrading to 4.1.2. I managed to solve this by removing the 'Samsung device' in my Microsoft Exchange 365 (web-based) under the mobile setting. Then you have to remove the Exchange account in your Android. Business as usual immediately after setting-up back the Exchange acct in my Android.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkFL88 View Post
    Go to settings, Data usage, menu and make sure Auto-sync data is checked, this did the trick for my corporate account.
    My galaxy tab 10.1 stopped sync to our exchange inbox all of a sudden last week. Everything else worked fine. Reset the account, etc. but nothing worked. I was getting ready to just factory reset it, but after trying this it's working now.

Just hope no more issues.

Thanks!!

I have a Galaxy S3 w/Verizon. The 4.1.2 update took place on Wednesday, 6/26/13. I have the same problem whether "Auto Sync" is checked or not in Data Usage. I read on another forum site that checking "Sync SMS" under "Server Settings" in the coporate email account can also fix this problem. I only have four options however - Sync Email, Sync Contacts, Sync Calendar, and Sync Task. The "Sync SMS" option does not exist.

Any ideas? Everyone at my job that has an S3 w/Verizon is also experiencing the same issue since the 4.1.2 update was installed.

Thanks!

Mark,

Your suggestion did not fix my problem, but it did put me on the right track. My fix was to go to Settings | Accounts & Sync | Exchange ActiveSync and then put a check in Sync mail

Thank you for your post

Mark, Thanks so much...this fix worked!

I also upgraded to 4.1.2 on my Samsung Galaxy SII. After that I also could not sync my incomming email on the exchange. Tried all the suggestions on the posts. nothing worked. Will Andriod do a Fix on this bugg soon? All my other folders and accounts do sync.

MarkFL88 you rock, fixed my issue. Funny thing is I kept checking the settings under the email accounts and they were set to auto check mail, it didn't even occur to me that there was a global setting that overrode this.

Quote Originally Posted by ashfaq_a View Post
    Hello All
    I got it done....in my case it was a server setting to be done by the exchange admin..there is a inherit permission to set on active directory...it may take 30 mnts (or as per ur server settings) to replicate the setting and then it will work...
    You're exactly correct.

1. Go to a Domain Controller in your domain
    2. Open ADUC (Active Directory Users and Computers)
    3. Navigate to the user in question and right click
    4. Click Properties
    5. Select the Security Tab
    6. Click the Advanced Button
    7. Check the "Inheritable permissions from this object's parent" checkbox
    8. Click OK
    9. Click OK
    10. Close ADUC.

It seems that there was a permission problem with active sync, AD and Exchange 2010. From my research, users created prior to an Exchange 2010 (upgrade from 2007 in my case) didn't have the right permissions on the user to allow active sync. Checking that box makes sure the permissions are correct when using default permissions on your servers. I'm not sure what permission is being added as I haven't delved that deep into the problem, yet. If your Admin has unique security settings for your domain this may not work. You may have to figure out what permission is missing from the user and add it manually. So far this has fixed about 10 of my users who have the exact same problem as everyone here. I'd say it's probably a good idea to try all the fixes listed in this post first before you bother your administrator. After that, show him this post and he'll know what I'm talking about.

Did the magic! Cheers

If enabling Auto-Sync not fix the issue try this . It worked for me

Had the exact same problem since yesterday without any clear reason.Battery was drained at high speed.
    None of the proposed solutions helped me. Was ready for reset... nearly
    Then I just went into the Exchange account config and unchecked SSL. This was weirdly accepted. Went into mail and saw the same behaviour.
    Went back into settings, checked SSL again, got the popup for the certificate, accpted it and as by miracle all mails came in and sync stopped!

Hope this can help other people.

I believe enabling "Auto synch data" is only a workaround and not a solution. By enabling this option we tell our phone to "pull" emails from server. This is generally called as polling. It eats up phone battery.

The main problem is, with Jelly Bean 4.3 (in my case), "Push" email feature is not working. That is without "Auto synch data" enabled and having synch settings set to "Push" under exchange email account should automatically receive emails from exchange server whenever an email appears on the server.

But one more strange observation is that it is working on one of my friend's mobile with same mobile model and Jelly Bean 4.3.
    Last edited by aniketd; 11-27-2013 at 04:01 AM. Reason: Update

Quote Originally Posted by MarkFL88 View Post
    Go to settings, Data usage, menu and make sure Auto-sync data is checked, this did the trick for my corporate account.
    I believe enabling "Auto synch data" is only a workaround and not a solution. By enabling this option we tell our phone to "pull" emails from server. This is generally called as polling. It eats up phone battery.

The main problem is, with Jelly Bean 4.3 (in my case), "Push" email feature is not working. That is without "Auto synch data" enabled and having synch settings set to "Push" under exchange email account should automatically receive emails from exchange server whenever an email appears on the server.

But one more strange observation is that it is working on one of my friend's mobile with same mobile model and Jelly Bean 4.3.

Ok this is what worked for me. Note that I'm kinda hijacking this thread, since my issue did NOT start with 4.1.2 update. Sorry for that, but maybe my solution will help someone.

Samsung Galaxy Note II using stock e-mail app, I had Exchange stop "pushing" this week. I had been playing with a few power-saving and cleanup apps (Clean Master, Battery Doctor), and I *THINK* one of them turned off something that I didn't count on, as suddenly my Exchange would NOT push no matter what I tried - deleting the account and re-creating it several times, trying 3rd-party apps (none turned out to support Exchange 2010 since 2010 doesn't support WebDav, etc.), playing with different push/manual schedules, etc.

Finally my boss sat with me and we compared our two very different Android phones. I don't know what phone he has, and it's not really relevant except that he had a main SYNC option in his "Power bar" that I didn't have in my pulldown top scrollbar (sorry, but don't know the official name for that bar - where airplane mode, wifi, etc. are). So I found where that option is on my phone:

Settings>Display>Notification Panel - and there is an option to have SYNC show in that bar! I added SYNC to that bar, and then upon checking the bar, lo and behold, sync was NOT ON! Since I didn't even have that option to turn off, I know that I didn't do it manually, so one of those apps must have done it when I was messing with them trying to get maximum performance out of my phone (my fault, not theirs).

After turning that main SYNC option back on, my phone is pushing brilliantly (or let's say receiving the pushes, I guess...?). Hope this helps folks, and sorry for the TL; DR.

-h

Had same issues, it turned out that after updating office365, the Android software did not update the server name from a "podxxxx.outlook.com" format to the new "outlook.office365.com" as described in above link.
    Frustrating for me as the only Android user in the Office, Apple managed to do this automatically.
    Everything worked after changing to the new server name.

Thanks for the advise it solved my problem. My android version was upgraded to 4.4.2 and master sync of my corporate account was disabled
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12