Corporate email (Exchange) not syncing after 4.1.2 update

TreoDru

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
My Exchange was working fine until the 4.1.2 update, it stopped syncing all together. So, I delete the account, cleared the cache and data, re set it up. I takes all the setting and then goes to the Inbox and just sits at waiting to sync?? I have contacted Google but they are no help. Everything else seems to be working fine (Data, Play store, Gmail sysnc, etc..). PS my VZW GNEX syncs just fine with the same Exchange account (hosted by Intermedia)

Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas and or suggestions?:confused:

Stephen Joel

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Just spent a whole day search the net thinking that it was a problem with the exchange (work email) and ready to throw my phone out of the window before stumbling across this. Probably the most obvious yet only thing I didn't check!

What would we do without people to point us in the right direct - ta much!

Aristaeus

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to but in with a question. Is the context of this discussion the standard mail app that comes with the Nexus, or are you all using something else (better?) with Exchange?

bracebrace

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Email stopped auto-sync after 4.1.2 update. Happened to all my email accounts. Had all email accounts set to auto-sync but still won't work. Emails only showed after turning the phone off and then back on.

Finally tried "factory reset data". Had to re-setup the emails but it is working after that.
Thanks nintenDRU for the tip.

Google Nexus 4

Rajiv Ranjan Sharma

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Recently my phone software got updated to 4.1.2.
After update, inbox of my exchange Iis not getting sync. Calender contact everything is working fine except inbox. Sent item is syncing fine.
I checked few tricks from forum that auto sync option should be checked in data usagr- menu. It is checked in my case.
All other accounts are working fine. The only problem is inbox sync for exchang mail.
Can anyone suggest the solution plz.

Mckeywest

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I also have "Auto-Sync" checked under Data Usage in settings but this did not solve the problem either. BTW, everything is good to go at the server end at our HQ with proper permissions in place as I can get email on my iPhone without any issues.

Asus TF700T

cmarini

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Having the SAME problem on an S3... everything works fine except for the Inbox, just an endless spinning circle...

Have checked and tried everything listed in this thread... Inbox still not working (two S3's same results...both with 4.1.2)

HELP!

talonsmith

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
One of my clients is having this issue now too. I spent too much time trying to get it up today should have just factory reset it seems

rleatherman

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the Data Usage Auto-Sync suggestion. This was by default already chosen for me. But believe it or not, by un-checking this, then opening my mail fixed me not getting up to date emails. I could then go back and pick the Data Usage Auto-Sync option and it still works. But my exchange active-sync auto-sync settings in email are not holding on the automatic option and keep defaulting back to 2 weeks. Weird. I have reported this as a likely new OS issue with Samsung here in AUS so they have agreed to send it up to the testing folk and hopefully create a new patch.

Cheers

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463