Corporate email (Exchange) not syncing after 4.1.2 update

michaelp68

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Having the SAME problem on an S3... everything works fine except for the Inbox, just an endless spinning circle...

Have checked and tried everything listed in this thread... Inbox still not working (two S3's same results...both with 4.1.2)

HELP!

Did you ever solve this? I"m having this problem with my HTC One. Exact same thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Recently my phone software got updated to 4.1.2.
After update, inbox of my exchange Iis not getting sync. Calender contact everything is working fine except inbox. Sent item is syncing fine.
I checked few tricks from forum that auto sync option should be checked in data usagr- menu. It is checked in my case.
All other accounts are working fine. The only problem is inbox sync for exchang mail.
Can anyone suggest the solution plz.

Did you ever solve this? I"m having this problem with my HTC One. Exact same thing.

SonDan

Jan 27, 2011
oldschoolmusiclover.com
Go to settings, Data usage, menu and make sure Auto-sync data is checked, this did the trick for my corporate account.

Mark,

I just tried this but it did not work. Any other suggestions?

I am going on vacation and would really like to check my work mail when gone.

My IT guy set up ny Newxus 4 phone for MIcrosoft Exchange email but I get the error message 'your mobile phone is temporarily blocked from synchronizing using Excange ActiuveSync until you administrator grants it access."

He says I have access and that I need to either (1) find the ActiveSynch selection on my phone and be sure it is checked
or (2) check with my provider.

Can any1 tell me w here the ActiveSync selection is on my Nexus 4

Regards,

Sonya

Last edited:

ashfaq_a

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue...tried all possible ways except reset to factory.
Dont know should I try this as well? the inbox keep on loading...its really frustrating as u cant still start using s4 officially till this issue is been rectified...
Anyone got any fix for this? contacting Samsung support will do any favor??!!!

ashfaq_a

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Hello All
I got it done....in my case it was a server setting to be done by the exchange admin..there is a inherit permission to set on active directory...it may take 30 mnts (or as per ur server settings) to replicate the setting and then it will work...

bobrukes

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Same issue here - we have 10 x Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1's trying to sync to Exchange 2003 and all devices are intermittently having the same problem. We have found clearing the cache in the application, or deleting re-adding the mailbox is the only cure. Very frustrating for users! All devices are on 4.1.2. All iPhones/iPads/other android devices aren't experiencing any issues.

RoHaizad Hassan

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm using Samsung Tab 2.0 - Got the same problem after upgrading to 4.1.2. I managed to solve this by removing the 'Samsung device' in my Microsoft Exchange 365 (web-based) under the mobile setting. Then you have to remove the Exchange account in your Android. Business as usual immediately after setting-up back the Exchange acct in my Android.

Carbonell

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Go to settings, Data usage, menu and make sure Auto-sync data is checked, this did the trick for my corporate account.

My galaxy tab 10.1 stopped sync to our exchange inbox all of a sudden last week. Everything else worked fine. Reset the account, etc. but nothing worked. I was getting ready to just factory reset it, but after trying this it's working now.

Just hope no more issues. ;)

Thanks!!

michaera

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
I have a Galaxy S3 w/Verizon. The 4.1.2 update took place on Wednesday, 6/26/13. I have the same problem whether "Auto Sync" is checked or not in Data Usage. I read on another forum site that checking "Sync SMS" under "Server Settings" in the coporate email account can also fix this problem. I only have four options however - Sync Email, Sync Contacts, Sync Calendar, and Sync Task. The "Sync SMS" option does not exist.

Any ideas? Everyone at my job that has an S3 w/Verizon is also experiencing the same issue since the 4.1.2 update was installed.

Thanks!

SirPhilipJ

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Mark,

Your suggestion did not fix my problem, but it did put me on the right track. My fix was to go to Settings | Accounts & Sync | Exchange ActiveSync and then put a check in Sync mail

Thank you for your post :)

Pieter Botha

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I also upgraded to 4.1.2 on my Samsung Galaxy SII. After that I also could not sync my incomming email on the exchange. Tried all the suggestions on the posts. nothing worked. Will Andriod do a Fix on this bugg soon? All my other folders and accounts do sync.:mad:

Albert Hoffpauir

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
MarkFL88 you rock, fixed my issue. Funny thing is I kept checking the settings under the email accounts and they were set to auto check mail, it didn't even occur to me that there was a global setting that overrode this.

albion01

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello All
I got it done....in my case it was a server setting to be done by the exchange admin..there is a inherit permission to set on active directory...it may take 30 mnts (or as per ur server settings) to replicate the setting and then it will work...

You're exactly correct.

1. Go to a Domain Controller in your domain
2. Open ADUC (Active Directory Users and Computers)
3. Navigate to the user in question and right click
4. Click Properties
5. Select the Security Tab
6. Click the Advanced Button
7. Check the "Inheritable permissions from this object's parent" checkbox
8. Click OK
9. Click OK
10. Close ADUC.

It seems that there was a permission problem with active sync, AD and Exchange 2010. From my research, users created prior to an Exchange 2010 (upgrade from 2007 in my case) didn't have the right permissions on the user to allow active sync. Checking that box makes sure the permissions are correct when using default permissions on your servers. I'm not sure what permission is being added as I haven't delved that deep into the problem, yet. If your Admin has unique security settings for your domain this may not work. You may have to figure out what permission is missing from the user and add it manually. So far this has fixed about 10 of my users who have the exact same problem as everyone here. I'd say it's probably a good idea to try all the fixes listed in this post first before you bother your administrator. After that, show him this post and he'll know what I'm talking about.

Diederik Maes

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Had the exact same problem since yesterday without any clear reason.Battery was drained at high speed.
None of the proposed solutions helped me. Was ready for reset... nearly
Then I just went into the Exchange account config and unchecked SSL. This was weirdly accepted. Went into mail and saw the same behaviour.
Went back into settings, checked SSL again, got the popup for the certificate, accpted it and as by miracle all mails came in and sync stopped!

Hope this can help other people.