1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

Default Nexus 7 - Audio socket problem (right channel only output)

Background: I purchased a 16Gb model on Oct 7th from Amazon.com. The sound was fine when i connected the headphones on day 1. After that I never used it for music / movies. Just yesterday as I was preparing for a trip to the far east, I plugged in my Bose QC3 to check if everything works ok (as I won't be carrying the iPod this time). To my shock and horror - no sound in the Left channel! WTF! Tried other cans (Sennheiser 555) with the same results. Was devastated, angry etc.

Today, I used a plastic prying tool and opened the dam bugger. First thing I observed was lots of fingerprints on the copper plate, and a bit of silver tape over the audio socket / board. Moved / pried the metal tab like thing on the audio socket a bit. It works fine now!! Hope it stays this way.

Thoroughly disappointed with the build quality on this thing (although I love it).

Pics attached. In the second pic observe the black square below the ASUS logo on the audio connector circuitry. The above-metioned silver tape was placed on this part.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nexus 7 - Audio socket problem (right channel only output)-img-20121020-00268.jpg   Nexus 7 - Audio socket problem (right channel only output)-img-20121020-00269.jpg  
    Thanked by:

Unhappy Re: Nexus 7 - Audio socket problem (right channel only output)

I have the same problem. But I never had a clear sound ever since DAY-1. Ugh! I hope they fix this issue please. I don't know how to have my tablet fixed because it was shipped here to the Philippines as Xmas gift.

Mae