Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anyone jumping to 32GB?

Title says it all. Any of you 8 GB/16 GB users getting rid of yours to get the 32?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    630 Global Posts
    ROM
    All Stock (for now)

Default Re: Anyone jumping to 32GB?

Nope. I have 7 gigs left on mine, got all the games I need and a USB OTG cable for on-the-go movies. Selling it and rebuying will be too much of a hassle; I'll just wait till next year for the truly new version of the N7.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Sony Xperia Z1s
    Nexus 7 2012 (16GB)

Nah, I'm good with the 8GB model. I don't need the extra storage. I'm sure the 32GB model is going to make alot of people happy, though.

Sent from my Panasonic ELUGA

If I'm going to jump, I'm going to leap - Nexus 10 here I come.

Just bought a 16GB, two weeks ago. So far I've not had the need for more storage. Basically thanks to streaming/cloud services.

Sent from my HTC One S using Android Central Forums

I have the 16 gig and it's plenty. I stream everything from my pics to my music to my movies and only need the space for kick *** apps and games.

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts

Nope, 16 gig is more than enough.

ROM
    Codename Android (JB)

Naaa, 16 is plenty for me

From my thumbs to your screen courtesy of tapatalk
    Nexus 7: CM
    HTC One V: Changes ROMS alot

Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cm 10/Franco

I am planning on getting both of my daughters a Nexus 7 for Christmas. The only way I would swap would be if I trade one of their 32s for my 8. But, I am happy with my 8 gig since I still have over 5 gigs left. Plenty of room.
    BB World Edition->Moto Droid->BB Tour->Moto RAZR->Samsung Galaxy Nexus->Google Nexus 7->iPhone 5
    Always remember to wipe your Davlik!!!

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

16gb is sufficient. I have cloud storage to thank!

Sent from my Nexus 7 running Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2
    phonohead likes this.

While I would rather have the 32, I just can't take the loss on the 16. I'm burning through space that I am so glad I didn't go with the 8. The 16 will still give me a little wiggle room but not where I would like.

Rooted Nexus 7 - XenonHD
    Rooted Dual Boot HP Touchpad - ICS
    Sprint EVO 3D

I have a 16GB N7 and I have lots of Apps and one movie stored and still have 12GB free space. If I upgrade anything it would be on the Nexus 10 but not even sure I even want a bigger tablet since the N7 seems to fit well in my cargo pockets.

I am jumping when its available

ROM
    stock

Nope. This is my first and last nexus 7 as of its current form. If/when Google updates the N7 with a new camera in the back, better speakers and more space etc then I might upgrade, till then I'm sticking with my 16gb. Basically, just a simple 32gb model ain't gonna entice me to go thru the motions of selling my 16gn, reinstall all my apps etc.

15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Quote Originally Posted by flux capacitor View Post
    Nope. This is my first and last nexus 7 as of its current form. If/when Google updates the N7 with a new camera in the back, better speakers and more space etc then I might upgrade, till then I'm sticking with my 16gb. Basically, just a simple 32gb model ain't gonna entice me to go thru the motions of selling my 16gn, reinstall all my apps etc.

+1. And although while the prospect of more storage is enticing, my 16GB helps me make sure I don't make any impulse purchases, unlike my 32GB iPod touch

I agree with what many others are saying. It would be nice to have the 32gb, but it's not worth the hassle or lost money to trade up just for more memory. If there were other hardware upgrades, like a rear camera, then I might consider it. That no doubt will happen next year.

With that said, I am absolutely not sorry that I was an early adopter. However, I don't feel that I am an early adopter. The Nexus 7 with 16gb feels like a very mature product. Had I bought a Samsung Tab or something like that a year ago, then perhaps I would have felt like an early adopter who maybe should have waited.

I might make the leap, still trying to decide. I wouldn't mind the extra space, but for now I'm biding my time until I hear more about the nexus 10. I also want to see what kind of reviews the surface gets. There are about of cool products I may or may not be interested in so I have to figure out how much money I can throw at these various toys

As I only bought my 16gb nexus 6 days ago I will be taking it back to the store today and getting credit ready for the 32gb!!

16gb would have been ok if I got it a few months ago but 1 week for the same price as a 32gb? No way!
    32gb will be good for not worrying about deleting stuff all the time

I think it would have been nice to have the 32GB in the long run, but as of right now I still have 10.7GB left on my 16BG model.
    I already have all the apps and games I need, so the rest of the space is for ramdon stuff that I can take or leave.
    I'm doing great with the 16GB, I honestly could have been good with the 8GB, so i'm sticking with that I have.

I still got 6 gb left in my 16 gb model, so ill stick with what I got for now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Just got back from PC World (uk) and got 189.99 refunded back on a gift card for my 16gb nexus 7

So just got to wait now for the release date!

I'll get a 32GB Nexus 7, NOT a 10. Could have had a 10" tablet but the form factor doesn't work. I'm hoping a 32GB model with micro-SD, but even without the option of expandable storage, I will get another 7" Nexus (16-32-64GB), but never a 10".
    Maxwell was the 1st "Smart" phone user......

Quote Originally Posted by rootbrain View Post
    I'll get a 32GB Nexus 7, NOT a 10. Could have had a 10" tablet but the form factor doesn't work. I'm hoping a 32GB model with micro-SD, but even without the option of expandable storage, I will get another 7" Nexus (16-32-64GB), but never a 10".
    already confirmed the 32gb nexus 7 wont have an expandable memory slot...but not a big issue for most

I used to think 7" tablets wouldnt work...but after owning an ipad and now a nexus 7 I love the nexus more
    Cant wait to buy my 32gb nexus next week

Nope. I have the 8G model and have plenty of options for extra storage (cloud, OTG, Wi-Drive) so not really limited by the on-board storage. I'm pretty happy with my N7 as is.

After living with only 500Mb on my phone & playing the app-juggling game for ages, 16G seems bottomless! I'm still a happy bunny. I consider the cost of my N7 as only 174 as I got the Google Play credit so I got it cheaper than the 32G as it should be.

~Jaqi~
    Sent from my lovely Nexus 7
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast