Can't upload to Facebook from Gallery

jjhoneck

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if this is related to the 4.1.2 update, or the new Facebook update, but every time I try to upload a pic to FB from Gallery, the Facebook app reports that it has stopped.

Uploading to Gmail still works fine.

Anyone else noticed this?

Sent from my Nexus 7

ThePurpleAndroid

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
FACEBOOK always had their fingers in the pudding. Have you tried using a different FB app like Friendcaster? I personally hate the regular Facebook app.

~?~HTC Evo Design~?~

jjhoneck

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
FACEBOOK always had their fingers in the pudding. Have you tried using a different FB app like Friendcaster? I personally hate the regular Facebook app.

~?~HTC Evo Design~?~

There are so many negative reviews for Friendcaster that I haven't downloaded it. Have you had any trouble with it?

This is just a weird problem. No trouble uploading from my Galaxy S3's camera, but it won't work at all from Gallery on my Nexus 7.

Sent from my Nexus 7

ThePurpleAndroid

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I don't have any issues with Friendcaster. I just use the free version. I don't usually read the reviews because every phone and user is different. The glass slipper doesn't fit everyone. Sometimes other apps can affect another app. I think the only issue I've had is my notifications don't always come thru until I open the app, but that's not a big deal for me. Some fan pages won't open in the app, so it opens them in your browser, nothing that stops me from enjoying the benefits of the app.

~?~HTC Evo Design~?~

jjhoneck

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I don't have any issues with Friendcaster. I just use the free version. I don't usually read the reviews because every phone and user is different. The glass slipper doesn't fit everyone. Sometimes other apps can affect another app. I think the only issue I've had is my notifications don't always come thru until I open the app, but that's not a big deal for me. Some fan pages won't open in the app, so it opens them in your browser, nothing that stops me from enjoying the benefits of the app.

~?~HTC Evo Design~?~

Okay, I downloaded Friendcaster and that resolved the problem, but only after I uninstalled the Facebook app. Now I can upload directly to Facebook from Gallery again, thanks.

Friendcaster has some cool features, too. Thanks for the tip.

Sent from my Nexus 7