Return to stock in preparation for Monday's Google event?

GMC MaXx

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently stock rooted and I want KLP asap. Which route would be quickest? Stay rooted and manually update or go stock and expect a timely ota after the event?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Tbayrgs

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Are we even sure that KLP will be released? I've seen references to 4.2 but thought that was considered to be a minor update and NOT KLP.

Regardless, I'm running Paranoid Android and love what it adds to JB so I'm going to stay put until I see what happens next Monday.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
If 4.1.2 was any indication, Google will do a staged rollout of 4.2 over the course of a few days to a week or so, and you'll have to download it directly and load it manually if you want it faster. Since you control the timing of the install (assuming you are in a hurry and download it yourself), there's little compelling reason to go back to stock right now.

Unicorn Rancher

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
4.1.2 was released two weeks ago. Is it common for Google to release two versions of Android in the same month?

Food for thought. Now I'm craving a kolache. :D :D

a1kemist

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I have a feeling Google will just be showcasing 4.2 along with the LG nexus 4 during the event. Wouldn't get too excited just yet, IMO.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae