iPad Mini resolution no match for Nexus 7.

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
The Asus products have been great in my experience. Not perfect but still very good. Updates have been fast and furious. Honeycomb to ICS to now Jellybean all within a year. I believe that trumps ios for updates. As I mentioned earlier there are lots of good and bad with each device, we just need to give credit where it is due.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums

Yeah the prime products haven't been bad at all. Samsung might have been a bigger force but they release too many tablets. It gets confusing. Galaxy Tab, Tab plus, 7.7, 8.9, 10.1, the after all that they release tab2s that are a bit weaker than what they replaced, but they are good value.

Fwiw the nook color was pretty decent if you were willing to root, imo it was almost what started the concept of the quality budget 7 inch tablet.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I think a lot of people now realize this fact.. I hope the iSheep dont buy iPride mini like crazy and make it a success.. Apple has to learn their lesson some day...

FWIW, Jesus Diaz is probably the biggest Apple shill outside of the 2 notable/historic homers (their names escape me right now, but they were mentioned prominently as the only folks who thought, somewhat disingenuously, that the iPhone 5 was God's gift to the people).

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I think a lot of people now realize this fact.. I hope the iSheep dont buy iPride mini like crazy and make it a success.. Apple has to learn their lesson some day...

You can't keep Apple's core fanbase (numbering in the bazillions) from making the Mini a big success. It's inevitable. They are easy to please.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
lol no need to mock poor college students. at my absolute lowest point, when all my money went to club dues, I survived on ~$10 a week for food. Pasta, eggs, potatoes, pasta sauce, tortillas, rice, cheese, etc, was my diet. when you don't work and your parents don't piss gold for you, $80 is a lot of money. but seriously, it's pretty hard to spend $80 on food for one person, unless they can't cook.

Do you live in America? They only way to live on 10$ a week here is a case of Ramen soup.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
WOW this thread is HUGE...You ppl care to much what other ppl are doing and stress out over silly things. I'm about to stress you out even more. I have both a ipad and Transformer Prime and I will tell you this...I will keep buying a new ipad when I think it's time for me to upgrade, but I won't be updating my transformer Prime. I get more enjoyment using my ipad especially when browsing the web. Try using a site that makes you click on a drop down menu with options on a android tablet. It freaking makes you open up a whole new page instead of letting you go through the options to pick. It works great on a ipad and many sites actually are made just for the ipad. Don't let me get started on the apps it's just plain laughable. Anyone that has both devices just look at the Weather Channel app and compare them both. App is sexy as hell on the ipad and a hot mass on my Transformer. If I had a HD Camcorder I would make a video on this issue so everyone can see.

Drop down menus work totally fine on the Nexus 7. As does flash.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
anything that can't do flash doesn't get my money. :) I go on too many news sites to be happy without Flash. Heck, all sorts of stuff uses flash--even the online dictionaries that pronounce words for you.

apollooff320

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Okay. I will call you out on this. I have a transformer prime as well and although there are some things I don't like (the navigation thing on websites) i want to ask about really specific apps. The weather one doesn't apply to me because I use the weather network app in Canada and it looks great. The main thing I keep asking people is what app do you get on an ipad that has no alternative on android. I'm not talking about rare and odd apps. I mean the day to day stuff.

Here a few I know of:
1. Facebook
2. AC forums and tapatalk
3. Twitter?

Something that does get over looked is the cost for apps. You pay twice for iphone and ipad. Usually once for android and usually less. Lus non optimized apps look like complete crap on an ipad where they can scale and look pretty good on android. You also have more features on your Prime for HDMI output, SD card support, USB support, the keyboard dock with extra battery life.

I guess what I am trying to say is that although there are some benefits to the ipad there as still many more that you are not mentioning for the Prime.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums

day to day stuff is dependent on the person and their needs. The alternatives are mostly not even that good which is why I use the ipad more. I don't know what you mean by rare and odd apps because those are the apps that are big on the ipad. All you have to do is load up itunes and click ipad tab and look at the top paid and free apps and you'll see many that are not on the play store. That's better then me making a long list.

And this guy has some good points
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grcHWykzN1I&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

I like his videos but he comes off very bias in all his videos. Even when he was reviewing the iphone 5 with his friend it seemed forced and he looked irritated that his friend liked it more then his SG3.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I've yet to meet a human being that isn't biased in some way. Part of that is what I'd call "real" bias, or "actual" bias, and the bias of the person evaluating the other person for bias. :)

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I like his videos but he comes off very bias in all his videos. Even when he was reviewing the iphone 5 with his friend it seemed forced and he looked irritated that his friend liked it more then his SG3.

Well he actually can have an opinion. He calls foul when it is due and because Android is better for him in lots of ways he shows what he likes. Bias is a misused word. He also gives apple credit where it is due. You can even see his video called 10 things I hate about Android. Not real based on that one.

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
And this guy has some good points
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grcHWykzN1I&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Lol 3 people got thanked who quoted your post with that video, before I realized they weren't the poster who posted the video.

Anyway I thought the video was a great unbiased view of the problems with the iPad mini. And biased? He straight up said he prefers his iPad to his nexus 7 while ripping apart the problems with the mini, I definitely didn't see any favortism towards android

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Lol 3 people got thanked who quoted your post with that video, before I realized they weren't the poster who posted the video.

Anyway I thought the video was a great unbiased view of the problems with the iPad mini. And biased? He straight up said he prefers his iPad to his nexus 7 while ripping apart the problems with the mini, I definitely didn't see any favortism towards android

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Hey thanks. I subscribe to his channel because the guy is really awesome. Check out his video on cloud storage or some of his earlier Android vs. Iphone stuff. Pretty cool. After he did his first video he went from a GNEX vs. Iphone to an old froyo phone just because people complained and still showed how Android did way more with an old os. It wasn't bias. Just facts.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
You should post that on Android Central Sister site iMove under the iPad mini forum. After you join iMove you can still use your Android Central screen names and log in.

I already have no time to do my job as it is. If I start posting on imore I may get divorced. Lol.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
anything that can't do flash doesn't get my money. :) I go on too many news sites to be happy without Flash. Heck, all sorts of stuff uses flash--even the online dictionaries that pronounce words for you.

I agree. I run a Web software biz and my programmers are always complaining that Flash isn't just about animations and that Flash has some real applications in website development right now. In 2 years it may be different but the dropping of Flash has been a bad move IMO.

jjhoneck

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
As opposed to the build quality issues of the N7? I like my N7 but I think it is important that Google step up the build quality on the Nexus. I don't want another Nexus phone whose power button wears out in less than a year, or a tablet whose screen delams. I don't want cheap Samsung junk either.

Don't know whether you've disassembled your N7 but its power button is not long for this world either. This is a component that should be designed for heavy use and clearly it is not. This is something that Apple thinks about, and that Nexus OEM's don't.

Is anyone really satisfied with build quality of their N7 when you compare it side by side with an iPad?

I've personally bought three Nexus 7 tablets. I know two other people who have them. All five have had ZERO problems, ZERO defects, and the build quality is 100% perfect.

I have read these "build quality" complaints off and on since July, and I can't help but think they are being posted by Apple employees... lol! How much better than "perfect" does ASUS have to be?

Sent from my Nexus 7