iPad Mini resolution no match for Nexus 7.

Dr0me

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I've personally bought three Nexus 7 tablets. I know two other people who have them. All five have had ZERO problems, ZERO defects, and the build quality is 100% perfect.

I have read these "build quality" complaints off and on since July, and I can't help but think they are being posted by Apple employees... lol! How much better than "perfect" does ASUS have to be?

Sent from my Nexus 7

just because an product does break doesn't mean it had high build quality.

Honda's run for 100,000+ miles but are crap cars compared to BMW.

with that said I love my nexus 7

HisSvt2

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
just because an product does break doesn't mean it had high build quality.

Honda's run for 100,000+ miles but are crap cars compared to BMW.

with that said I love my nexus 7

That is perceived quality vs actual quality. A durable item that lasts is by nature a quality item. Your confusing brand name recognition vs. Quality. There is a huge difference. Just because it looks fancy or has a fancy name does not equal quality. But lasting does!

RichardRight

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
No I will not go away I contributed to the thread if you like it or not. My post had everything to do with this thread did u not read the whole thread? Now you are the one cluttering the thread by telling whining like a little school girl. I know you're new here but ppl here do talk negative about android. Not everyone is fanboy and talk it up. So if you don't like what I post or what others post it's for you to leave.

You no write good grammar..,yes?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

RichardRight

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I finally figured out the Applebot mentality. It's not that they want to convince you to buy an iPad. No, they just want you to envy them. And gosh darn it, it's just not fair that we have a superior tablet and have no need to envy them!

reeneebob

Banned
Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I finally figured out the Applebot mentality. It's not that they want to convince you to buy an iPad. No, they just want you to envy them. And gosh darn it, it's just not fair that we have a superior tablet and have no need to envy them!

And you sound just as bad.

Proud?

I've got blisters on me fingers!!! from using Tapatalk 2

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site

This.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I've personally bought three Nexus 7 tablets. I know two other people who have them. All five have had ZERO problems, ZERO defects, and the build quality is 100% perfect.

I have read these "build quality" complaints off and on since July, and I can't help but think they are being posted by Apple employees... lol! How much better than "perfect" does ASUS have to be?

Sent from my Nexus 7

Just so you know Solutions Etcetera does work for Apple. I know you are shocked.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
That is perceived quality vs actual quality. A durable item that lasts is by nature a quality item. Your confusing brand name recognition vs. Quality. There is a huge difference. Just because it looks fancy or has a fancy name does not equal quality. But lasting does!

This is 100% true. I has a cheap Mazda that lasted forever without any issues and an Audi that had tons of problems.

Dr0me

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
This is 100% true. I has a cheap Mazda that lasted forever without any issues and an Audi that had tons of problems.

i meant to say just because it doesn't break.

Make all the excuses you want but you are going to be hard pressed to find some one who would rather drive a civic compared to a BMW M5. It is not a perceived thing, the BMW is objectively better and faster due to it's premium parts and design. Leather seats, stereo system, built in navigation, brakes, suspension, huge engine etc..

The nexus 7 is an amazing product. I own one and it is a joy to use the thing. But I am not going to pretend that it is the finest crafted tablet that ever could be created. If google wanted to do so. They could make a Nexus 7 with better parts that costs $450 and it would be way better. They just chose to go the affordable route. I own a asus laptop and love it but it's keyboard is not the best. It hasn't broken yet, and probably wont, but I am not going to pretend like I wouldnt appreciate a laptop with a better keyboard. Get what I am saying?

with that being said, The nexus 7 is amazing and doesn't make me feel like it is lacking in features despite it being an affordable tablet. A 8gb nexus 4 on the other hand would make me feel like that.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
i meant to say just because it doesn't break.

Make all the excuses you want but you are going to be hard pressed to find some one who would rather drive a civic compared to a BMW M5. It is not a perceived thing, the BMW is objectively better and faster due to it's premium parts and design. Leather seats, stereo system, built in navigation, brakes, suspension, huge engine etc..

The nexus 7 is an amazing product. I own one and it is a joy to use the thing. But I am not going to pretend that it is the finest crafted tablet that ever could be created. If google wanted to do so. They could make a Nexus 7 with better parts that costs $450 and it would be way better. They just chose to go the affordable route. I own a asus laptop and love it but it's keyboard is not the best. It hasn't broken yet, and probably wont, but I am not going to pretend like I wouldnt appreciate a laptop with a better keyboard. Get what I am saying?

with that being said, The nexus 7 is amazing and doesn't make me feel like it is lacking in features despite it being an affordable tablet. A 8gb nexus 4 on the other hand would make me feel like that.

I agree it is probably better to say value than quality. A Honda can provide fantastic value but the experience of a M5 would be better even if it needed repair. But if it continues to be unreliable then eventually the M5 would cease to have any value. This is why I prefer Android to Apple. Even if the Apple device has some apps that Android doesn't or the touch screen is a bit smoother, I need to be able to have the least amount of hassle with the most amount of customization and Apple doesn't do that for me.

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I will say this my first nexus 7 was perfect. As for my second one... Oh wait I never got a second one. I bought mine in august, I haven't had a single issue that wasn't a software problem. No screen lift or any other issues. I've had some multi touch problems, vertical line screen flicker, and getting laggy under 5 gigs, but 4.1.2 fixed all those issues, so its pretty much issue free.

I think over the next couple months the build quality complaints will dissappear. I don't think there ever was a defect in design, just pure quality control due to overwhelming demand.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

TomsAndroid

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
I will say this my first nexus 7 was perfect. As for my second one... Oh wait I never got a second one. I bought mine in august, I haven't had a single issue that wasn't a software problem. No screen lift or any other issues. I've had some multi touch problems, vertical line screen flicker, and getting laggy under 5 gigs, but 4.1.2 fixed all those issues, so its pretty much issue free.

I think over the next couple months the build quality complaints will dissappear. I don't think there ever was a defect in design, just pure quality control due to overwhelming demand.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Same for me, although I do have occasional noises (creaks etc.), and very minor screen lift.

Sent from my Nexus 7

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Just so you know Solutions Etcetera does work for Apple. I know you are shocked.

Regardless of where they work (and isn't app development different than a direct working relationship?), opinions are still opinions and everyone gets one :).

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Regardless of where they work (and isn't app development different than a direct working relationship?), opinions are still opinions and everyone gets one :).

Just stating the facts so people know that when they make a perfectly good comment it will be replied to in a way that has a pro Apple slant. It's all good but I'm not sure why he wastes so much time here when his heart is with apple. Lol.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Still trying to understand this.

I realize they market heavy to the 18-35 crowd, but I don't ever recall an ad campaign that explicitly offered that remark. I think it is more that many Apple device owners put off this vibe. To be honest, my feeling is the new S3 commercial, with the folks in line waiting to be the first to get there iThingie, says more about 'the other guy' not being 'cool' than anything I have seen from Apple.

I think the USPTO is to blame here. Look at the whole Lodsys thing. The idea that you can patent a concept or trademark a word of the English language is absurd. The USPTO was set up to protect individuals/small companies bringing new inventions to market. Now it has become a venue for patent trolls to establish and acquire patents with no intention of bringing anything to market, but rather for the sole purpose of suing those who do. And the way the law actually works, patent and trademark holders actually lose rights to their IP if they do not actively pursue infringement.

Any company with deep pockets, and in the eye of the consumer nation, receives more than their fair share of patent and trademark law suits (anywhere the trolls feel they can make a buck). I think it is obscene, but the current system encourages (and often requires) it.

I agree Apple's business plan is indeed incremental and premeditated, but so is other tech (you certainly don't think Google didn't have the 32GB N7 already lined up for the channel at the time they released the 8 & 16GB), it is how they maximize profit and stay competitive. But how does this harm the customer in Apple's case? I think the Apple strategy balances the "wanting the new thing" with the "obsolescence factor" very well. In fact, their products have historically had the highest used resale value in their class.

Agreed. I don't understand the whole love/hate thing about a device (especially the hate), and its encumbrance to actually sticking to the topic at hand. Take this very thread for instance, essentially "1024 x 768 is no match for 1280 x 800". In discussing which is sweeter, an orange or a tangerine, look how much other fruit has been tossed into the salad. (c;

Actually, comparing 1024x768 to 1280x800 is rather more like an apple to a larger, sweeter apple.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Still trying to understand this.

I realize they market heavy to the 18-35 crowd, but I don't ever recall an ad campaign that explicitly offered that remark. I think it is more that many Apple device owners put off this vibe. To be honest, my feeling is the new S3 commercial, with the folks in line waiting to be the first to get there iThingie, says more about 'the other guy' not being 'cool' than anything I have seen from Apple.

I think the USPTO is to blame here. Look at the whole Lodsys thing. The idea that you can patent a concept or trademark a word of the English language is absurd. The USPTO was set up to protect individuals/small companies bringing new inventions to market. Now it has become a venue for patent trolls to establish and acquire patents with no intention of bringing anything to market, but rather for the sole purpose of suing those who do. And the way the law actually works, patent and trademark holders actually lose rights to their IP if they do not actively pursue infringement.

Any company with deep pockets, and in the eye of the consumer nation, receives more than their fair share of patent and trademark law suits (anywhere the trolls feel they can make a buck). I think it is obscene, but the current system encourages (and often requires) it.

I agree Apple's business plan is indeed incremental and premeditated, but so is other tech (you certainly don't think Google didn't have the 32GB N7 already lined up for the channel at the time they released the 8 & 16GB), it is how they maximize profit and stay competitive. But how does this harm the customer in Apple's case? I think the Apple strategy balances the "wanting the new thing" with the "obsolescence factor" very well. In fact, their products have historically had the highest used resale value in their class.

Agreed. I don't understand the whole love/hate thing about a device (especially the hate), and its encumbrance to actually sticking to the topic at hand. Take this very thread for instance, essentially "1024 x 768 is no match for 1280 x 800". In discussing which is sweeter, an orange or a tangerine, look how much other fruit has been tossed into the salad. (c;

Wow! Your 2 last points were fantastic. I may have to stop my negative opinion about your posts :p.

Truly I never thought I would say it but I agree with you and I have to give credit where it is due.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze