Need help save Asus Nexus 7 ASAP

a1kemist

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Since you bought it on the play store, I would try to contact google first.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

jian9007

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
it cant turn on, so it cant boot into bootloader nor recovery

Just checking because sometimes even though the power doesn't come on, it can still boot into recovery (usually when there's a software issue causing it to not power on). Sucks because if you can't boot into recovery, it's likely dead and it's probably going to be a hardware fault.

tranbo94

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
ok. i have decided. if it possible, i would send my nexus 7 to asus to get fixed or get the replacement. But I never return products that i bought online before. How do I send for them the nexus 7? since I cant go to the office post. are there anyway for me to send it?

jian9007

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
ok. i have decided. if it possible, i would send my nexus 7 to asus to get fixed or get the replacement. But I never return products that i bought online before. How do I send for them the nexus 7? since I cant go to the office post. are there anyway for me to send it?

If you bought it from Google Play store, you'll need to call the Google play store for information on warranty return/repair. Their number is 1-855-836-3987 and they're there available 24/7. Good luck! Also, don't mention it's been unlocked/rooted. They'll never know. ;)

Lil Jaye

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Well if its not coming on then the nexus people cant tell if it is locked or unlocked. Also have you tried the nexus tool kit. Theres a option to use if nothing is turning on the nexus. Check it out. It got me all fixed after I bricked mine. I was able to flash the new update and get everything going again. I then unlocked it again and rooted it and all is wonderful.... After all that I did to this little nexus I really thought I killed it and was ready to shelf it and wait for the new nexus 7 32gb to come out. Then I found the nexus toolkit and it breathed life back into this and I was so happy. Just shows how rough and tough these little power houses really are. I am sure there is a link in the forum here for the nexus toolkit. Not the nexus 7 tool kit that was The one that helped me kill mine in the first place. How it all started was I tried to unroot so I could be ready for the updated jellybean and everything went crazy from there.

tranbo94

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
well, the bank account i used to buy my nexus 7 which is already locked and i am not able to use that account anymore. if google send me a new nexus 7, then i can still keep my old one right? the same thing happen when i get the replacement for the invisibleshield zagg. i can still keep my old invisibleshield since my bank account get locked before

STC09

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
This happened to someone I know - tablet went dead, multiple restarts were attempted, multiple charging too.

Turns out the repeated attempts to restart a depleted battery caused a deep discharge and put the charger into trickle mode. That made it seem as if it weren't charging at all.

Make sure you have a working charger and keep it plugged in uninterrupted for 24 hours.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
well, the bank account i used to buy my nexus 7 which is already locked and i am not able to use that account anymore. if google send me a new nexus 7, then i can still keep my old one right? the same thing happen when i get the replacement for the invisibleshield zagg. i can still keep my old invisibleshield since my bank account get locked before

Sounds like you have more problems than a faulty tablet. I start by calling Google. They will help.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

tranbo94

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
google is quite suck. they asked my google email account and the shipping number. they can't even find my account on their system. However, i didn't give them the tracking number, so i am not sure yet. I called them when i am not home. I will try again tonight, and give them the tracking number, If they still can't find it. Then maybe my nexus 7 will become a garbage.

tranbo94

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I called google again today, and they said they will send me a replacement. I bought the 8GB, so I should receive the 8GB right? but the 8GB no longer available. How can they send me a 8GB? or maybe they send me a 16GB?

a1kemist

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
No longer available for ordering but they may still have stock on hand. Don't know for sure what you'll get, but my hunch would be still an 8.

tranbo94

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
No longer available for ordering but they may still have stock on hand. Don't know for sure what you'll get, but my hunch would be still an 8.

just wondering can i ask them to send for me the nexus 7 16GB? I can add some bucks to make it equal to the price of 16GB.

tranbo94

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
So strange, i am pretty sure I have more than 200usd in my account. Why it keep failing when I put a replacement on google wallet? I also receive an email your order is on hold. please update your credit card. Is that mean success or not?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance