Need help save Asus Nexus 7 ASAP

tranbo94

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi. It was my bad day. the worst day I ever had in my whole life. In one day, just 2 days ago, and a day before, i charge my lovely nexus 7 to get ready use on the next day. On tomorrow morning, I bring my lovely nexus 7 with me to the school. During the day, I did't use it at all. I swear the battery must be at 100%. After i went home, open its cover, press the power button to use. And guess what, nothing happen. I tried hard reset, already tried push volume+/volume- and the power button for over 60 secs. And nothing happen neither. There are nothing happen on the screen. there are no google logo, or the X logo. Look like the the battery died. How come? I just used it for several months. So, the help in this article would be useless because I can't go to to bootloader. http://forums.androidcentral.com/ne...ide-factory-image-restore-your-nexus-7-a.html. How can I restore my nexus 7? not possible. It already death for 3 days. Please and please I really want to use it. Are there any other ways to make it turn back on.

a1kemist

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried plugging it in?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

+1

If you haven't already, I would let it charge for at least 30 minutes and try again. The battery will still discharge when not in use and will eventually drain even if turned off, but at a very much slower rate.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

tranbo94

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
+1

If you haven't already, I would let it charge for at least 30 minutes and try again. The battery will still discharge when not in use and will eventually drain even if turned off, but at a very much slower rate.

no, when I come home, i was plugged it to the AC right away, and also tried to plugged it in to the computer. But nothing worked. Then I plug it back to the AC. And leave it right there overnight. On tomorrow morning, it still not work

svenEDGE

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm. Seems you might have a defective tablet then. You should be under warranty still.

tranbo94

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
there no way i can return or have a replacement. 15 days already passed. I was should spend more money on an ipad like my friend said. my sister have an ipad, and it never died or have problems

svenEDGE

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I have an iPad 3 and it reset itself and deleted all my data. Every manufacturer has a bad product that gets released here and there. You should have a manufacturer warranty with Asus. Try calling Asus and tell them what happened. One time I bricked a Samsung Tab7 by flashing a bad ROM. Even though I was out of warranty, Samsung fixed my tablet at no charge whatsoever. Maybe Asus is as cool as Samsung.

a1kemist

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Any mass produced device can fail, including the iPad.

Have you tried to connect it to a computer? Does it pick up the device in it's current state?

tranbo94

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
So that mean there are noway for me to fix it by myself? what if Asus not fix for me? because before that, I have unlocked it and root in version 4.1.1, then I updated to 4.1.2. Lost root, but the unlock still there. there are have an unlocked logo under google logo. I dont think Asus would fix for me. I bought it on google play

tranbo94

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Any mass produced device can fail, including the iPad.

Have you tried to connect it to a computer? Does it pick up the device in it's current state?

I did plug it to the computer, still not work. The computer can not recognize it as a device.

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I bought it on google play

So contact Google Play support and let them know your problem. Buying directly from Google is great, because their customer support is genuinely customer-oriented. I mean, their reps don't know crap and the process is inefficient, but they're usually more than willing to you ship a new device.

Buy directly from Google, and they'll ship you a new device--you can send your old one in as soon as you get the new one.

Buy from any other source, and ASUS will send you to repair hell. You won't see your device for a month.

nd7p

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Try pressing and holding the power button for ~20 seconds. My N7 refused to start one time, and this forced it to reset and restart.

tranbo94

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
So contact Google Play support and let them know your problem. Buying directly from Google is great, because their customer support is genuinely customer-oriented. I mean, their reps don't know crap and the process is inefficient, but they're usually more than willing to you ship a new device.

Buy directly from Google, and they'll ship you a new device--you can send your old one in as soon as you get the new one.

Buy from any other source, and ASUS will send you to repair hell. You won't see your device for a month.

well, my nexus 7 got unlocked. so i dont think google will send for me a new one or asus will fix for me.

svenEDGE

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
well, my nexus 7 got unlocked. so i dont think google will send for me a new one or asus will fix for me.

It can't hurt to try right? Like I said, I completely bricked mine and void the warranty and Samsung still fixed mine at no charge. Just call them.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Send it for warranty repair. If it's as dead as it sounds, they can't tell if it was rooted. Sounds more like a hardware failure, so changes to the software shouldn't void the warranty anyway.

tranbo94

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
It can't hurt to try right? Like I said, I completely bricked mine and void the warranty and Samsung still fixed mine at no charge. Just call them.

ok. i will try tomorrow. but my nexus 7 already unlocked, not rooted ( lost root). Can I still return it?

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I had a problem with my Asus Transformer and it did take a bit to find the stupid support line for Asus they did send me a brand new one. They will never know you rooted the device if it won't turn on.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

tranbo94

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I had a problem with my Asus Transformer and it did take a bit to find the stupid support line for Asus they did send me a brand new one. They will never know you rooted the device if it won't turn on.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

do you have to send them the old one?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge