Your homescreen layout strategy

JustinMueller8810

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm always looking for new ways to organize/setup my homescreens. Whether it's ALL widgets, extremely simple/clean, Windows Metro imitation, whatever... I absolutely love to incorporate new ideas.

So, what ideas do you have for me?? What works best for you?
(include screenshots please!)

anon(1011167)

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Clock/weather widget at the top, Google apps underneath, far left screen has the My Library widget, second to far left screen has the Recommended On Play widget, underneath that is the YouTube widget and finally underneath that is the Power Control widget. Nothing for the other two screens as yet, lol.

a1kemist

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Each of my screens is a separate category. Games, productivity, utilities, etc.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
^how did you get recently viewed notes in the evernote widget? is that a new feature in an update?

I used Nova launcher to expand the amount of squares, and allow for widget overlaying (for my clock and weather widgets).
misc.jpg
Main screen: music widgets, evernote widget, clock/weather, ebook apps, etc; 99.9% of what I use is on the homescreen.
Left Screen: widgets for newsfeeds, e.g. flipboard
Right Screen: widgets for gmail, gtasks, gcalendar.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Most used apps are placed in lower left corner and then I work them out from there to the top right.

Ivanamanation#IM

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Im always looking for the best way to utilize my home screen... This is the way I'm currently set up.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1351437884596.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1351437884596.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 592

IAMHADE5

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Screenshot_2012-10-28-19-18-52.png Perfect example of the customization on HD Widgets. The "games, media, root" are my folders. Running Nova Launcher on Paranoid Android rom. And I use only one homescreen.

MalachyNG

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I try to divvy my home screens by uses, one has social network widgets with irc, trillian, Skype, etc icons another with Pandora, Google music and games and another with weather and news widgets and apps. Here's my main one with email, Google voice and whatnot

Sent from my Nexus 7

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1351475440802.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1351475440802.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 530

JustinMueller8810

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Am I the only one that feels that the GIANT weather/date/time widget takes up TOO MUCH space to be on a home screen? I have mine filled up with Evernote, to-do list, Agenda, and Regularly widgets!!@# Plus I feel like i can tell the weather by simply looking/standing outside for 2 seconds. If I want the weather/date i would simply use my status bar :S

Rizz1-2

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Am I the only one that feels that the GIANT weather/date/time widget takes up TOO MUCH space to be on a home screen? I have mine filled up with Evernote, to-do list, Agenda, and Regularly widgets!!@# Plus I feel like i can tell the weather by simply looking/standing outside for 2 seconds. If I want the weather/date i would simply use my status bar :S

No your absolutely not. I have a few buddies that don't like them at all. That's the beauty of android, to each his own :D

MalachyNG

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
What I like about the HD widgets is that they'll resize to whatever you tell it, and each part of the widget can be touched to open the corresponding app. For example if you click on the clock it opens your alarm/clock, and the weather portion will bring you to a nice weather screen with info from a specified service. And the toggles on the side are great and totally customizable.

Sent from my Nexus 7