Multiple (18) arrows at the top of the screen in portrait mode

nunya.binuss

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I just got my wife a new Nexus 7 and after getting it all set up, there are 18 (in portrait mode) small arrows at the very top of the screen (above the google search bar) that grow down and end in small lines and cycle doing this over and over. I can't remember when they started but they have been doing this for several hours now. I believe they are associated with an app but touching them has no effect. Anyone else experience this?

TekNinja81

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like app updates to me. I've found the animated arrows will sometimes stay present until you clear the notifications. Has happened on all my Android devices.

a1kemist

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Drag your finger down the top to middle of your screen to open notifications, sounds like some apps have updates waiting.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

nunya.binuss

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Yep ,that was it - actually, I had imported a ton of vcards from her Yahoo email into the device and it was just hanging importing all of them. It still did the import but the arrows didn't go away so I rebooted the device and all is well now. Thanks for the replies, appreciate it.

1andylock

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
You will see 3 steps on the right side when you slide the notification bar down. Touch this and they will go and just show the notifications that are valid now.
Or you can swipe each one side ways and they also go unless they are still valid.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums