Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MJKearney
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to remove a widget from menu

Many apps add their widget in to the widget menu and that makes it hard for me to get to a widget ,when I want to put that widget in the home screen.
    Let's say I want to add YouTube widget that came pre installed in android but now I have to scroll through about 20 pages of widgets to reach there. so I was looking for a method to disable or remove the unnecessary widgets from the menu without removing the app.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: How to remove a widget from menu

I want to remove or disable or hide the best app market widget ,note app widget and there is also one from the android central app .
    I'm not asking for the method to remove the widget from the home screen. :-)

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How to remove a widget from menu-uploadfromtaptalk1351401996922.jpg   How to remove a widget from menu-uploadfromtaptalk1351402009659.jpg  

I agree that widget selection can be tedious, and is certainly an area for improvement in Android.

You can use an alternative launcher like Nova Launcher Prime to customize the app drawer, which also includes the widget tab. You can add a tab with only the apps or widgets you want. However, I think that to customize the widget (not app) selection, you have to be rooted. I'm not completely sure about this, but it seems that's the case.

Thanked by:
    balus3u likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by MJKearney View Post
    I agree that widget selection can be tedious, and is certainly an area for improvement in Android.

You can use an alternative launcher like Nova Launcher Prime to customize the app drawer, which also includes the widget tab. You can add a tab with only the apps or widgets you want. However, I think that to customize the widget (not app) selection, you have to be rooted. I'm not completely sure about this, but it seems that's the case.

Yes ,android need an improvement in the widget section. I think Alternative launcher is a decent solution now

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Using nova prime ,there is a option to choose between drawer and picker . Drawer is the default thing and in picker its little bit easy as the widgets from same app are grouped so the list is shortened.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How to remove a widget from menu-uploadfromtaptalk1351448802813.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by balus3u View Post
    Using nova prime ,there is a option to choose between drawer and picker . Drawer is the default thing and in picker its little bit easy as the widgets from same app are grouped so the list is shortened.
    Oh yes, that's right! I forgot about that option. Indeed, it's a little easier to sort through, though you do lose the graphics that sometimes help you know what the widget will look like. But it's better than nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by balus3u View Post

I wish google made this option default in Android. a proper grouping of widgets based on apps.

Im having the same problem. I have put the nova app on. But im still having the same problem as balus3u. The images on his post is what im trying to organise or get rid of.
    Help please..... .