'Add Connection' in People / contact

dougltc

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
On my N7 in the People app (the address book), there is an option to add a connection... right now the only thing that appears there is Google +...
Screenshot_2012-10-29-09-42-47-picsay.jpg

On my HTC Evo 4g from 2.5 years ago a similar function exists that also allows me to connect Facebook, twitter and flickr (and maybe others).

What controls which social sites are linkable from the add connection option in People on my N7?

Currently in the Accounts section of settings I have a Google, Facebook and Dropbox account setup...

Thanks...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

dougltc

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
FWIW...

Here is the data that HTC inserted into my address book to accomplish the linking:

<HTCData><Facebook>id:1111118630/friendof:12411113734</Facebook><Twitter>id:6911119548/friendof:1704444648</Twitter></HTCData>

Note: actual numerical ID's modified for privacy reasons...

a1kemist

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
It's a HTC skin feature, not built into Google, they only accommodate Google plus. There is an app called HaxSync in play store for syncing Facebook into your contact info, similar to that found in HTC. It's a paid app though. I haven't used it myself.

dougltc

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
It's a HTC skin feature, not built into Google, they only accommodate Google plus. There is an app called HaxSync in play store for syncing Facebook into your contact info, similar to that found in HTC. It's a paid app though. I haven't used it myself.

Ahh... found any good People replacement apps?

a1kemist

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I've never actively looked since I still (unfortunately) rock the HTC Evo 3D. I don't use my contacts much on the N7.

jpash549

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Not sure what the problem is. Tapping on the picture on the sender line takes you to the ability to add to contacts.

a1kemist

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Not sure what the problem is. Tapping on the picture on the sender line takes you to the ability to add to contacts.

From my understanding, the OP is looking to integrate Facebook, Twitter, social networking within the contacts page. HTC built that into their sense but Google has not opted such features since it's supposed to be the app developer's feature. Facebook was working on it briefly at one time, it broke and they never went back.

The app I mentioned above would help remedy such. I don't know about other third party contact apps. Never had to personally use it.

dougltc

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
From my understanding, the OP is looking to integrate Facebook, Twitter, social networking within the contacts page.

Bingo... that is exactly what I want to do and as you have pointed out, it is functionality that doesn't exist in the People app at this point which is helpful to.understand because now I can stop trying to figure out how to do something which cannot be done and instead look for a work-around...

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz