When are we getting 4.2?

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Can't wait to get Swype features. I also want to share my tablet with a sibling.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

If you really can't wait, you could always just get Swype. I'm not really sure how Google is able to implement so many features that have until recently been performed by apps... if I owned the rights to Swype, I'd be pretty mad (unless there's some compensation going on, in which case I'd probably be very, very happy...)

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Ahh.. maybe you will be able to switch accounts from the same screen where you now switch recent apps?

There were talking about not having to log in/log out...

Something like that is my thought, though maybe in the Google now circle since it's otherwise empty and ripe for shortcuts.

For anyone not familiar, it's brought up by dragging upwards from the home button.

watch this video. this is what they meant by great fast-switching/login without having to logout.

Google Nexus 10 hands-on - YouTube

a1kemist

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
watch this video. this is what they meant by great fast-switching/login without having to logout.

Google Nexus 10 hands-on - YouTube

Wonder where that second toggle screen goes in portrait mode.

What I anticipated but just implemented in a different area.

Edit: now I remember seeing a leak about a second notification drag down, maybe that is where it will be located on portrait mode.

Last edited:

Eduardo06sp

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Here is a video showing the testing. Unfortunately, Google's request to removing the link has been complied with, so we can't try it out anymore. The URL I entered has the article.

a1kemist

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm liking the gesture keyboard so far.. I like how the words spawn on the keyboard to ensure I'm typing the correct word.

a1kemist

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
What's better than swype?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I haven't used swype in a while, last I used was slideIT keyboard but the gesture word prediction seems to be pretty good. The floating word prediction is nice, I do not have to move my eyes away from the keyboard. In this ahem preview edition, there is no way to scale the keyboard which I would like to see. Otherwise this feels real smooth and accurate. It's developed by Google while swype is STILL in beta.

JimboDeany

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Perhaps I'm searching for the wrong thing then, I've been looking for Wireless display adapter. I have seen the Netgear box though, will that do the job?

NETGEAR PTV2000 Push2TV HD-TV Adapter or NETGEAR PTV3000 Push2TV HD-TV Adapter? Apologies for my ignorance, I'm nowhere near as tech savvy as some of the folk on here....

Last edited:

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Perhaps I'm searching for the wrong thing then, I've been looking for Wireless display adapter. I have seen the Netgear box though, will that do the job?

NETGEAR PTV2000 Push2TV HD-TV Adapter or NETGEAR PTV3000 Push2TV HD-TV Adapter? Apologies for my ignorance, I'm nowhere near as tech savvy as some of the folk on here....

Yeah, you're going to have to be sure the adapter supports Miracast, which is pretty new. The netgear box is the only one I've seen so far. Someone linked to a place that had it for like $60 in another thread...

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
What's better than swype?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Swiftkey is way better. Swype is great for 1 handed typing while you're driving, but hey, that's illegal. I like typing with 2 thumbs and Swype is TERRIBLE at that. Swiftkey completely blows almost all keyboards out of the water. It's text prediction and correction is simply amazing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech