Slow YouTube

veevans01

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
YouTube is not fun to watch on my N7. It constantly buffers. My laptop does not. Does anyone else have this issue? Am I missing something with the settings of this device? At first I thought that it could be my home Internet connection but like I said, my laptop works fine. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

a1kemist

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
YouTube just sucks. It's not the nexus 7. My laptop on wireless always buffers and so does my wired PC. Seems to happen mostly during primetime night hours.

flacousa

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
When it starts buffering I just touch the screen and disable HQ on the lower left corner, only problem is you have to do that to every video you want to watch, I haven't found the setting to turn off HQ as a default.

Sent from planet earth

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I wish the YouTube app would get itself together. The buffering is horrible sometimes.

Sent from my Panasonic ELUGA

ZachA

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I never watch any videos without turning off the HD first. If I leave it on the Video stops every 5 min. It super annoying and Google needs to fix this.

veevans01

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
When it starts buffering I just touch the screen and disable HQ on the lower left corner, only problem is you have to do that to every video you want to watch, I haven't found the setting to turn off HQ as a default.

Sent from planet earth

Thanks for the information. I just turned the HQ off while playing it on the N7. Still buffered but not as much. Still enough to be annoying. At least I know that I am not alone with this issue. Thank you all for the quick responses.

johnwccres

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
A partial solution is to use a YouTube downloader like Tubemate, download the vids you want to watch first.

Great if you know what you want to watch, not so convenient for casual browsing...

iPhone drop out

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I can confirm it is the youtube app or the nexus 10 tablet itself causing the hangups. I recently got the puffin browser with flash and all the videos that were hanging up on the app played with zero hangup in HD through the puffin browser.

I'm not sure if its because puffin works through the cloud and is therefore more efficient than the tablet's processor and RAM or if it's due to the fact that puffin uses flash which the nexus line doesn't use or both. But for the owner of youtube to not even have an app capable of handling the service is pathetic.

MikenJill Potter

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
Purchased my Nexus 7 yesterday 16th Feb 2013 and was shocked to find it buffering videos
On YouTube. I checked with my iPad 1 and that works fine. Very disappointed now, should have bought the iPad mini, grrr

KlineAJ

Jul 8, 2010
www.KlineAJ.com
Easy fix. Go into WiFi in settings then menu then advanced then scroll to WiFi optimization and turn it off. Viola faster WiFi. Yes battery will suffer a tiny bit.

Velvet Smooth

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Purchased my Nexus 7 yesterday 16th Feb 2013 and was shocked to find it buffering videos
On YouTube. I checked with my iPad 1 and that works fine. Very disappointed now, should have bought the iPad mini, grrr

If it's only been a day why don't you pack it in, return the tablet and get what you really want? You will be happy and the rest of us can enjoy our N7s.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Easy fix. Go into WiFi in settings then menu then advanced then scroll to WiFi optimization and turn it off. Viola faster WiFi. Yes battery will suffer a tiny bit.

Doesn't fix it for everyone. I have seen many threads on this and the problem persists

dude_hdt

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
A partial solution is to use a YouTube downloader like Tubemate, download the vids you want to watch first.

Great if you know what you want to watch, not so convenient for casual browsing...
Tubemate works awesome. Just watch out that it drops a bunch of malware stuffs on your device. After a couple of test downloads, I uninstalled the app.

kamikaze247

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
I do not have anyproblem with youtube. The internet is very fast, my nexus run smoothly even with HD clip.
If you watching long movies (>30 minutes) you should wait some ten seconds. It takes very longtime if we what film > 1hr

odd1ne

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I have never had a problem with YouTube it works fine on my tablet, I know my bros YouTube doesn't always work and mine does on the same network.

RV Van Life

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site
Try turning on DATA SAVER: not sure what the down side is but it fixed You Tube buffering problem on my Android, to find it open the Chrome app, click on the 3 dots and the menu opens up, scroll down to the word SETTINGS, and click on that, then scroll down to the word DATA SAVER and click on that, then you will see a slide switch, switch it on, it helped me, I hope it helps you

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance