Google Now Cards Not Working

jonathanwylie

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Having a problem with Google Now. The voice search works fine, but I don't ever get any cards. I don't even have any Google Now settings. When I swipe up to activate Google Now, tap the menu button, I get the option to select Settings, but Google Now is not there. All I get is Voice, Tablet Search, and Privacy & Accounts. No Google Now settings as described in this help article:

Use Google Now - Nexus Help

I am using Android 4.1.2, and the latest version of Google Search, (updated today). I have had the tablet for a few months, and have never had Google Now options in the menu. Why is this? Anyone else have this issue, or found a solution to this?

Thanks.

KitN

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
In order to get GNow Cards you need to be associated with a Gmail/Google account.

Did you set up a Gmail/Google account?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Bolshoie

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Been having the same issue as well on my S3, just updated to Jellybean stock rom 4.1.1 the other day but no cards are showing ... Done as well the steps from other sites like fixinv my browsing history and location management in Latitude. Hope somebody can help

a1kemist

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Been having the same issue as well on my S3, just updated to Jellybean stock rom 4.1.1 the other day but no cards are showing ... Done as well the steps from other sites like fixinv my browsing history and location management in Latitude. Hope somebody can help

Some people on xda were complaining Google now was not working. Possibly a bug related to the Google search update that was recently pushed out. Google frameworks was down at some point earlier this week.

Also making sure, you have Google now turned on? At first load of Google now, there was an option to opt in and out (which can be easily turned on and off if you did opt out).

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

spiroi

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
i find solution.
google now work only if language is english (US) or english (UK).
my nexus 7 was on croatian language, when i switch to english everyting start to work...
this took me 1 month to find....

Bolshoie

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Some people on xda were complaining Google now was not working. Possibly a bug related to the Google search update that was recently pushed out. Google frameworks was down at some point earlier this week.

Also making sure, you have Google now turned on? At first load of Google now, there was an option to opt in and out (which can be easily turned on and off if you did opt out).

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Thanks, resolved my issue as well desperately by restoring to factory default my phone and multiple tries of logging out and in my Google account until it asked me to opt in the service (because the first time I selected "later") but if thats the case the first time google asks you to use Google now and you select "later" It doesnt ask you again thus when you try using it, it naturally shows you no cards and no option to opt in or agree to using google now :(

Mike Robertson

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem. I can't remember if I said later when I first set it up but surely there must be a better way to get this working than a factory reset?

I do actually get some cards. It occasionally shows the next appointment but never in time to remind me.

The search works OK but doesn't remember any of my previous searches to show things I might be interested in.

rromeroiii

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I had a small problem earlier today with Google now. I had just recently turned on two step verification and it looked like Google Now was gaining access to my Google account. Anyways, I fixed it by going into SETTINGS > APPS > scrolled over to ALL > scrolled down to Google Search > then I cleared my cache memory, then my data. Restarted Google now and it worked fine... Hope that helps you guys.

Sent From My NX7

Bulldog1377

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
My Google cards are still doing nothing today. I cleared everything out but nothing yet. I'll let it run for a little while and see if it comes back to me.

Sent from my Note 10.1.

Matt Kibble

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Re: nexus 7 google now cards

Just spoke with the Google support team. The agent I spoke to claimed that cards would not be automatically displayed. Having looked at the Google description of now I don't believe this to be accurate. However I do not see any cards automatically. Any advice? Nearly 2 months into using Google now and I don't even get weather for my current location without searching.

steve1time

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Make sure remember search history is enabled as now uses this info for the cards. Then when you use Google search it will learn what you need by what you've previously looked for. It takes a bit of time but after a few days it starts showing card's.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

_denis

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I was not able to get any cards on my S3, including examples. Deleting cache and data and uninstalling update of Google search app resolved the issue for me. After I had activated Google now I immediately started getting the cards displayed automatically. I did update to new version from market and it is still working well.

tookie88

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Good news! Gmail cards are now working with the English (United Kingdom) language setting on your device.

So to recap, for right now, to get Gmail cards in Google Now, be sure you're running the lastest version (2.1) of the Google Search app and have your language set to either English (United States) or English (United Kingdom) on your device.

Ethan

Google Groups

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alfatv