Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree13Likes

Default Re: Holding an iPad Mini vs. Holding a Nexus 7

Quote Originally Posted by bigtroutz View Post
    Apple without Steve Jobs is just another large company. It happened to Apple when Jobs was forced out before and we will most likely see it again now that Steve Jobs is gone.

Just my take on corporate succession and senescence.
    I may be wrong here but I don't think Steve Jobs created the iPad/iPhone, or did he? Even with him gone the same developers and designers are probably still there trying to recreate the success they had before. Unless they completely change the look of these products they will slowly stop selling in such good numbers.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by roblox84 View Post
    I may be wrong here but I don't think Steve Jobs created the iPad/iPhone, or did he? Even with him gone the same developers and designers are probably still there trying to recreate the success they had before. Unless they completely change the look of these products they will slowly stop selling in such good numbers.

He didn't create them, but he certainly called the shots, he oversaw the creation of the iPhone and iPad and wouldn't accept a substandard product. The designers may still be at Apple, but they won't have Jobs there to say "I want this" or "that isn't good enough", he knew what he wanted and how to get it from his staff.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #53  

Quote Originally Posted by roblox84 View Post
    Don't underestimate the influence of a talented and visionary company leader.

If Mr. Jobs was still at the helm, would the iPad Mini have been developed the way it was? Would Mr. Jobs vision have resulted in narrower design or higher resolution? Or would he have simply nixed the whole Mini idea?

Of course, I don't know the answers, but I suspect that things wouldn't be quite the same, for better or worse. But likely it would be for better. That's what a talented leader does, and Mr. Jobs was certainly both talented and a leader, whether or not you liked the products that his vision brought forth.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by MJKearney View Post

If Mr. Jobs was still at the helm, would the iPad Mini have been developed the way it was? Would Mr. Jobs vision have resulted in narrower design or higher resolution? Or would he have simply nixed the whole Mini idea?

Of course, I don't know the answers, but I suspect that things wouldn't be quite the same, for better or worse. But likely it would be for better. That's what a talented leader does, and Mr. Jobs was certainly both talented and a leader, whether or not you liked the products that his vision brought forth.

IMO he was a was a marketing genius. I would even say he was much better at marketing then at "creating" products. Just look at how many followers he has that will spend crazy money to buy anything Apple puts out whether good or bad.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by MJKearney View Post

Very talented but also a real a**hole.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4

Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    Very talented but also a real a**hole.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    Yep that's usually how it goes. Most talented people are only smart in one area of expertise but are lacking in common sense.

Thanked by:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123