Streaming TV apps

Status
Not open for further replies.

mathelm

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
How else would you have us be in this case? There are several different Players that will stream video. Even though this seems to be a OS problem, you might could try VLC or something to see if it helps...

or in a not too literal way, a different TV Portal..... no... wait..... what?!?!...:confused:

irratebass1

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I haven't tried so forgive me if I am asking too soon, but does N7 support VLC?

How else would you have us be in this case? There are several different Players that will stream video. Even though this seems to be a OS problem, you might could try VLC or something to see if it helps...

or in a not too literal way, a different TV Portal..... no... wait..... what?!?!...:confused:

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
So cool! I just downloaded the free app, and now I'm watching the Avatar movie through my Verizon Note 2 phone and MX Player (movie player).

WordPainter

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Not real impressed. Some of the shows display an episode list but when you tap on them, no links come up. And some shows, like Dragonball Z, refuse to stream. You just get "Error opening" over and over. Not willing to pay for that.

bigtroutz

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I just wish there was a way to read a description for each movie, but it seems there is only an alphabetical listing only.

i use the IMDB app to look up stuff -- admittedly you have to switch back n forth but that's not too bad with the 'latest/recent used' button

mathelm

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
i use the IMDB app to look up stuff -- admittedly you have to switch back n forth but that's not too bad with the 'latest/recent used' button

You have now won first prize in our "Master of The Obvious" contest. Where as I have been awarded the dumb a$$ award for not thinking of this before...

Your prize (pictured below) will be whisked to you via the first flatbed we see at the waffle house with tags from your state (assuming the driver isn't looking of course)......

530709_4725607950662_347741874_n.jpg

Once again, congratulations....:p

bigtroutz

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
my wife says : good !! for what ?

i wasn't able to answer on account of my swoon

edit:
this prize will soon be up for auction on eBay

mathelm

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Same size (number of bits). Unless you have a failed download, because it's been my experience that "recovering" a failed download will not play all the way through.

Ok one more comment ... for the life of me I don't see the ... on the top right corner of mx player. Perhaps I changed a setting? I seem to remember seeing it before?

Use to be a dos gal but now I am just a dummie

Not sure what comment you're referring to, but there are 3 vertical dots in the top right corner of MX when you tap the screen while it's playing....

And as I recall, DOS gals were few n far between....;)

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Is there any way to cut and paste the downloaded video files from internal memory to the external memory card and play from the external card? All these video files are eating up my limited memory. I don't want to root, by the way.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Unicorn Rancher

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Is there any way to cut and paste the downloaded video files from internal memory to the external memory card and play from the external card? All these video files are eating up my limited memory. I don't want to root, by the way.

I think you have to be rooted to write to external storage on the N7.

gtx_slotcar

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Is there any way to cut and paste .....
I'm not sure about your device, but I think for most Android phones and tablets you can move them using something like ES File Explorer. I can't remember for sure, but when you download them they might go into a directory called Downloads (with an s at the end).

bigtroutz

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site

As stated, you can NOT write to usb storage devices (like flash memory) attached to your N7 unless rooted. What you CAN do is write the files to your desktop hard disk then write the files to the usb flash device with the DESKTOP/LAPTOP and THEN plug the flash memory into the N7 and use Nexus Media Importer to play those file whenever you like without being rooted.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Discussions about how to obtain pirated content are not permitted in the forums. Thread has been cleaned and locked.

Further discussions on this subject may result in a ban without any additional warning. Thanks.

Sent from my SGSIII

Status
Not open for further replies.