Streaming TV apps

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichardRight

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I just found what I think is the best streaming TV app on Android. Let me say first of all that I am in no way associated with this. The app name [edited by moderator]. It has an incredible number of TV shows, both from past and present. In fact, I tried counting, but by the time I got to the end of the A's I had reached 130. That tells me that there must be literally thousands of shows available to watch for free.

While we're on the subject, are there any other good streaming TV?apps?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Last edited by a moderator:

akhan47

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Just downloaded, I like it. Thank you.

XBMC is good but I'm a bit of a noob so I'm just getting my head around the whole sources and addons thing but I've been watching some live TV streams and a lot of TV shows and movies are available. Definitely worth checking out.

squirtleirtle

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Just downloaded this and I am so excited. It has a bunch of the 90 cartoons I used to watch goof troop, quack pack, mighty ducks.

Also i don't have to download the vids to my nexus.

horseshoe

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
I have loaded this, but can you instructionally share how to open the shows. I also have the MX Player loaded. Too new but learn fast, and thanks.

TimeHunter

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Good suggestion. On a total aside, too bad none of the recommended players are compatible with my Logitech Revue GoogleTV box. Imagine that, a video player compatible with the device plugged into my TV to play videos with.

TimeHunter

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I plan to install it for myself and pay the dollar or two to upgrade. Not because I want to watch more than 2 shows in one sitting, but to support the developer. Does anyone know if you can pay the upgrade through the Play store or do I need to use paypal?

Through the Play store, but only from within the app.

jpash549

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Also has search function so you can see if your favorite show is available.

Mr Quince

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I wasn't, but now I have tried it from my phone and it shows up like above, but when you click on it it says "Item Not Found" and there is a Retry button?

Wierd. Although I tried upgrading yesterday and now today and I get a similar message. Maybe it has been removed? But I can still get to the app page. Have no clue :(

Maybe it's a device issue or maybe are rooted? Not sure if that would effect that tho..

Sent from my Sammy GS3

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Are we sure there's not some geographic restriction on this app? I have not looked at it but assume it is primarily aggregating tv content available in the US. The person having problems is in the UK. I am in canada and I don't see the app either.

StuMcBill

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Wierd. Although I tried upgrading yesterday and now today and I get a similar message. Maybe it has been removed? But I can still get to the app page. Have no clue :(

Maybe it's a device issue or maybe are rooted? Not sure if that would effect that tho..

Sent from my Sammy GS3

I am rooted and have tried it on both my GNex and N7, but it also doesnt show up on the web version of the Play Store!

Mr Quince

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Are we sure there's not some geographic restriction on this app? I have not looked at it but assume it is primarily aggregating tv content available in the US. The person having problems is in the UK. I am in canada and I don't see the app either.

Ahh.. That's probably it.

Sent from my Sammy GS3

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Just connected via my US VPN, still no go!

If its not available in a certain country it normally still shows up in the Play Store with a "This app is not available in your Country" message?

Maybe it's tied to the address of your credit card, not geolocation. I'm not aware of the message you mention, it's possible...

Mr Quince

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
It's now gone off the market for me as well...
You think this 1mobile would allow me to use Google wallet? I'm on verizon, and they don't allow this particular freedom of choice.

Sent from my Sammy GS3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo