32gb n7 screen question

m.vasquez009

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I just purchased my 32gig nexus from office Depot 2 days ago and I'm noticing a very small screen lift on the left side..It's not nearly as bad as some of the others that I have seen in pics but if u lay it flat on a table and look at it from the side u can see that in two points the silver bezel disappears and if u push on it ever so slightly it pushes down a little bit.. What are your guys opinions would u take it back and exchange for a different one,? What are the chances of it getting worse after my return period is over?

MarkFL88

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I would take it back, I had and 8 Gig that I brought back after a week for my 16 Gig and neither of them had any screen lift. I do see where the middle of the screen on the left side on mine is maybe a hair higher then the rest of the left side but it does not come up past the bezel. I don't like the fact that you can push it down. Does it feel spongy on the left side if you push down on it? I would keep taking it back till you get a perfect one. Why people live with any kind of screen lift if they are still in their return period is beyond me.

m.vasquez009

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
its not raised high enough for it to feel spongy but it its just a hair past the bezel...im taking it back today to try nad get a perfect one,thanx

a1kemist

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I gave in and got a 32 from office depot today. The colors were so washed out, it's terrible, took it back. It was a newer build too, CAO. The one I exchanged it for was a C9O and the colors look so much better and more like my original 16. This one has very minor cosmetic screen lift but it's in a case and I can live with it. I'd rather have that than something I have to look at all the time, a washed out screen.

Good Luck.

m.vasquez009

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
just returned it for another one today and this one is worse than the first one i had...this is getting to be really frustrating cause i know its a good tablet and i really like it, just want one thats built right jeeze asus!!

a1kemist

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I asked and they let me open my replacement at the store and tried to judge the colors. I even brought my 16 and they probably thought I was crazy.

Guess I got super lucky when I got the 16 at Walmart. Though it seems like people that buy from Walmart get very little complaints. It's almost uncanny.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

kgh00007

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I gave in and got a 32 from office depot today. The colors were so washed out, it's terrible, took it back. It was a newer build too, CAO. The one I exchanged it for was a C9O and the colors look so much better and more like my original 16. This one has very minor cosmetic screen lift but it's in a case and I can live with it. I'd rather have that than something I have to look at all the time, a washed out screen.

Good Luck.

Mine is CB0K, 32GB, badly washed out screen! Bought in Futureshop, brought it back today and compared it to the display models and the display model had a lot better contrast and deeper blues and reds! They didn't have any 32GB's left so I'll have to wait before I can exchange it!

Fingers crossed they get a good batch in soon!

jtskier11

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
My 32gb had a very small amount of screen lift. I got antsy enough about it, not wanting to exchange, so I decided to dig into it. Since its cold and snowing outside I embarked on a little journey and yanked off the back cover. Noticed Asus obviously tried the "leave 2 screws out" fix. But I noticed upon immediate removal of the back cover the screen is perfectly level at the bezel now. So I doubted that screws or lack thereof werent my issue. I looked around on the rear of the device itself for anything that might have been pushing up (towards the screen) and saw the foam pad on top of the LCD ribbon. I pushed on it near my problem area and observed no screen lift. So I proceeded to push on the ever so stiff ribbon cable and guess what I saw. Screen began to protrude slightly! Now this may not ring true for every device and it may not on mine in the long run. But I went ahead and squashed that ribbon down right at the edge so that the rear cover would not be able to push on it and like a spring then it want to force the screen up. I didnt touch any screws at all, just messed with the cable. Reassembled and have been playing with it for a few hours and its still level. Just a little food for thought and what I discovered today.

kgh00007

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I exchanged mine today, got a CAO 32GB and the screen is perfect, happy days! No screen lift and the contrast and colours are great!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance