Nexus 7 Side of Screen is Cut Off

albertmartino

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Hello,
I just purchased a Nexus 7 @ Staples yesterday, and upon getting home and opening it, i immediately noticed that the screen seems to be slightly cut off on the right hand side, as if the resolution is off somehow.

In portrait mode, it cuts off the last two digits of the time, so thats kind of annoying. It cuts off at the top when in landscape mode, and you cant see the time at all.

I looked through all settings and couldnt find anything to move it. Did about 50 searches so far and keep coming up empty. any help is appreciated!

Matt74uk

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't sound right.

Take a screen shot? (Power button and volume down at the same time I think). If you can see the characters in the screen shot that you can't see on the right hand side, kinda suggests something wrong.

a1kemist

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Out of the box, it's probably going to be hardware issue. A picture would help but you might just want to exchange it. There should not be any cut offs, unless maybe you played with font size, that's about it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

albertmartino

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't sound right.

Take a screen shot? (Power button and volume down at the same time I think). If you can see the characters in the screen shot that you can't see on the right hand side, kinda suggests something wrong.

good idea! evidently, the cutoff does not happen in the screen shot. so, i guess thats indicative of a problem, eh?

screen shots:
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-...hc03A/s800/Screenshot_2012-11-02-13-16-54.png
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-...YzeDY/s512/Screenshot_2012-11-02-13-16-05.png

shot taken with phone showing where cutoff happens:
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-...AAAAAArM/iQt_omI8xbc/s512/photo%20%281%29.JPG

pretty weird. never saw this happen before.

albertmartino

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
yea i've never seen anything like this before. its a beautiful tablet, so its kind of a bummer. i got the last clearanced 8gb one they had at my local staples, maybe i can get them to upgrade me to the 16gb for free in order to keep a loyal customer ;)

albertmartino

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
i didnt want to accuse or jump to conclusions, but the thought certainly crossed my mind! the package seems to be fully in tact, doesnt seem as if it was.

a1kemist

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
There should of been a black paper sticker seal on the side of the inside box (not the slip cover).

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

JKendall80

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Just save yourself the headache of guessing or attempting to repair/fix and get it replaced for a different unit ;) Obviously there is something wrong with the unit and you are within the return policy.

Salamander_King

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
Doing search I fond this thread. My Nexus 7 (2012) 3G is having the exactly the same problem as yours. However, mine started having this problem sometime after I had OS updated to 4.3. I definitely did not notice the problem at the time I purchased it (ver 4.1 and when it was updated to 4.2). Did you exchange your tablet and got this problem solved? So far, I have not found any other information on this problem. Thanks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463