Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can't install iris on Nexus 7

Hi all,

I am new to the forums and I just got a Nexus 7 and I want to install iris on it. Yet I get a warning on Google Play saying, your device isn't compatible with this version.

Is there anyway I can install iris without rooting my Nexus 7?

Thanks!

Default Re: Can't install iris on Nexus 7

I think you're out of luck, unfortunately.

Sent from my Panasonic ELUGA

Not ready for primetime.
    It will install on my dual boot HP Touchpad, but not on the Nexus. Mebbe they'll work out all the platform/OS gremlins sometime soon.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Bummer. Oh well, c'est la vie.

Just for giggles ask iris "Are you skynet" and see what it repsonds with.

iris is a great software. i used it until i got jelly bean.
    iris and google voice search is a show off software but google now is somewhat useful.

so i uninstalled iris because i can use my google search when iphone users fire up siri.

You can download and install iris. (alpha) from 1Mobile Market, which is a legitimate alternate app store. Make sure to allow apps from outside of the Play Store by going to Settings -> Security -> Device Administration, and check "Unknown Sources".

Go to www.1mobile.com to download and install their app store app (ironically, the app is available on the Google Play Store, but it's marked as not compatible with the N7!). They only have free apps, including those that are listed as incompatible with the N7 on Google Play. Unlike the Play Store, 1Mobile let's you download these apps. I've downloaded and used CNN, USA Today, American Express, and Discover Card without a problem. I just checked and they have iris. (alpha) available. Of course, that doesn't mean it will actually work, but at least you can install it and try it. This is much safer than getting the apk from some shady website.

The most recent version of 1Mobile is kind of annoying with a Halloween theme, so hopefully they'll update again soon. Otherwise it's a pretty good app store application.

Other reputable app stores I use are Amazon and SlideME Market, though I checked SlideME and it doesn't have iris.

Sent from my Nexus 7