My Brand New 32GB Has Screen Raise Issue!!! Does Yours?

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
It does indeed and thankfully it is still with Office Depots 14 day return window. I'm going over there tomorrow morning and getting myself a brand new one....if they have any of course. So as the title reads, does yours have this issue? If not, what problems have you noticed with your 32 gig Nexus 7?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I also wanted to ask if you guys think it would be worth it to get a replacement as this was my second one. I had to return my OG 8GB because of a bad back speaker. It's killing me because I love that tablet and want it to be perfect so bad. :'-( Thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

anon(1024093)

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Every time I read a post like yours I go back and check my (3 day old) tablet again. Still no issue. In fact, no issues yet that Iv'e noticed.

That completly sucks that you're on your 2nd one and it has a problem like that. If the tablet is brand new and has an issue - any issue - I'd take it back. 2nd one, and even the 3rd or 4th ones if (Pooh forbid) they had problems. You shouldn't have to accept one that wasn't built correctly.

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I'll know on Wed when UPS delivers mine from Staples. My 16GB from Google was perfect, still is. If I return mine at all it will be for the 3G model.

bearballz72

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I picked up the 32gb version from Office Depot last week and it's in perfect condition. I would of hoped Asus corrected their quality control but I guess there are some still slipping through.

a1kemist

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Very slightly on the left side, I seem to have been able to get it flush with the bezel and it's in a case. My first 32 had a horrible screen wash, it was a CAO. The replacement with the lift is a C9O but the screen is much more acceptable and closer to my 16 C8O.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Android Central Forums

plumberdv

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
I had one ordered from Staples, then found out that the Office Max three miles from me had them. I cancelled my Staples order and picked one up yesterday afternoon.
Neither it nor my 8GB shows any sign of a problem with the screen glass.

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Mine is also on the left side of the device. With this issue being so known, why can ASUS not get this things screen to stay down?

Sent from my LGE960

bigtroutz

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
My 32 GB Nexus 7 picked up from Staples on the 29th has no screen issues at all. No dead or always on pixels. No unresponsive screen grid issues.

I am very happy and actually pretty impressed with it so far. Very nice screen. Snappy. Most portable and capable combination I have had in my 35 years of personal computing.

Android 4.1 has finally made an OS that actually can be called a full blown personal computing operating system platform even with all it's limitations and warts.
Open system tablet serious computing has finally transitioned from it's "toy" stages.

Seriously....with your bad joss, you should buy locally and examine the tablet in the store so you can take a good one home right away, hehe.

lyate2004

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Picked up my 32 GB at Staples this past Monday, the 31st. Absolutely no problems - if anything, it seems a little zippier!

Also, I have a magnetic cover/case (from Mobile Fun in the UK) that seems to be be working more reliably, than on the 16gb that I returned. Thinking that the magnets may be better positioned on the new unit.

Very pleased with build quality and operation!

LIY

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Coldar

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
My 32GB is 5 days old (also bought from Staples) and the fit and trim look good and internally all seems to be working right. I also still check each time I read of a post in regards to the dreaded screen raise defect. This issue is getting to be popular and hope it's resolved soon. Sorry to hear of your situation and sounds like you've been having bad luck all the way around. Chances are you'll finally get a good one this time if you return it.
And adding that I'm simply blown away by my Nexus 7. It's been consuming a lot of my time recently.